Security Installer Community

8SP 400 Accenta mini G3 panel

Guest lmcamoes

The cowboy left the system wired with 4 core cable and left the G3 pannel with 8 zones capacity.

Because I thought that 13 PIRs to a 8 zone pannel wasn't good enought I came here o ask advice.

35572[/snapback]

And the advice was, don't do it, it's a cobbled job. You'd have been better off walking away from it, I would have.

After I read what you said I told my friend that the best think was to change pannel but I asked to someone in the "business" and received the advive that an 8 zone pannel was enought... What could I do...

35572[/snapback]

So, 1 person said do it. Several people here, including Santa, said don't do it. You chose to do it.

I realise you aren't in the trade but that is no excuse for bodging a job together.

What happens in 12 months when the system needs servicing? I'd condemn it if I had to service it.

Sorry, but professional or not, you should have your tools confiscated.

Guest Peter James

I didnt notice anyone being rude (apart from perhaps the cameltoes bit)

But I do see many people after giving good advice getting angry (quite understanderbly) becouse you did not take it.

Whoever it was who told you you could wire the 13 pirs to an 8 zone panel quite obviosly is not in any way trade B.S.4737 states you cannot put more than one non latching device per zone.(anyone in this trade will work to this standard or they are not trade)

And its basic common sense that tells you 13 into 8 wont go, how are you gonna know which detector went off when it goes off falsly? thats if you wired it correctly (If youve wired it wrong then it will need all detectors to activate at the same time before it activates! ive seen it all done)

I hope you have good effecie insurance if your have wired it wrong.

If you dont know what your doing you should not of taken the job on in the 1st place and left it to the pro's.

Pete

Guest IM_Alarms

Can't make a silk purse out of a sows tooth............ or was it sows purse out of a silk ear :D

All Cameltoe has proved is that getting it 'working' is the easy bit, getting the job done professionally is a different chapter. Lets hope his friend shows some kindness when it all starts going wrong.

Archived