Security Installer Community

DIY pictures (not very good quality I'm afraid!)

antinode

CLICK HERE!

So I've been busy for a few days upgrading our old Texecom V8 to a Galaxy 16+, mainly cos the Veritas is huge, and our hallway is small enough already, and the guy that put it in plastered everything into the wall, making upgrades a nightmare. After looking over the system, there were alot of things done to cut corners. 13 amp fuse in the FCU, which was under the floorboards, kitchen and dining room wired to one zone, tamper wires twisted together, messy control panel wiring etc. I decided to put the panel in the loft. It's not dusty as it's been boarded out, and it was the best way to do it for routing the cables. Spur was taken from the socket ring and there is a 3 amp fuse in the FCU. All cables are labeled where they come into the panel. Mains cable is cable tied and earth sleeved. All cables are in twisted pairs and cable tied at 3 inch intervals in the panel. Battery is a 7AH Yucel. 1 Intellisense PIR in the lounge, front door contact, hall PA, Dining room window contacts, back door contact and kitchen window contact. I'm gonna add a dining room and kitchen PIR once I've figured out where to run the cables (laminate flooring and fitted wardrobes in the room above :whistle: ) Kitchen and Hall have RKP's. Unfortunately, I could'nt change the bell box (old C type thing with siren and strobe) for an SAB cos I can't find any ladders long enough. It's really high up, but it does sound rather cool. That sounds a bit sad does'nt it? Any questions? It looks alot neater in person, as the lamp I had to use (1 million candle power) to get a somewhate decent photo created strong shadows. The pitcure quality does'nt help either. I'm only 18, and it's more for practice than anything. It's the first full rewire I've done on an alarm, and apart from a couple of minor teething troubles, it's been working great for a couple of days now cheers!

Trade Member

not bad..but put a bit of white trunking (single cable size)on the window frame..oh and another screw in the contact :whistle: +is that a //.National Installer.// sticker i see on the pcb ;)

As Eng says, plus, did you use Belden cable for the RKP, doesn't look like it from the photos......

34430[/snapback]

Errrrk... got me there :D I could'nt find any, so I had to make do with tieing all the unused cores to earth. Not the best way, but no problems yet. Also, all the cables are at aleast 2 foot from any mains cableing, so I don't reckon EMI will be a problem.

I confess for the contact screw... I snapped the head off it, trying to get the slot to line up with the other screw. I'm gonna dig the end of it out tommorow and put a new one in. I found some mini trunking too, so I'll put some of that over the cable. It only goes up a couple more inches in that photo, but it would look neater with some trunking over it.

Trade Member

Yes Glue it, but not in the corner...Drill top and bottom of the opener and glue it in the shut.....No cable or trunking on view!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I cant see any grommet on that incoming mains either!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I notice it looks a little negative this thread, but for a first install it's not too bad. Once you get a few installs under your belt you'll be as good as us! ;)

Guest IM_Alarms

It's only a suggestion, but I think you need to get some new curtains before we send the fashion police round. They have enough evidence to get you inside for a good few years. :yes:;)

Archived