Security Installer Community

Is it me or does the Media seem a bit more OTT nowadays

On 19/07/2022 at 18:59, PeterJames said:

The news just seems so panic panic panic nowadays, shortages in the shops causing panic buying during Covid, after that it was the fuel shortage everyone panicking to buy fuel all fuelled by the media (excuse the pun), and whats with the red pictures of the UK on the weather announcements? A few years ago that would have been a few jolly pictures of the sun in different places. Yeah it was hot today and maybe on paper hotter than any known recorded temperature but does it really warrant all the drama causing panic buying of ice cubes? They have been going on and on about inflation but I have not seen any changes in selling stuff, if anything I am selling more than I ever did, and many of my customers are expanding their businesses not the other way around ( I think most of em know something I dont ). I think the media has gone all snowflake on us, causing more grief than it should. 

You are bang on Pete.

I could rant about this all night.

Its all a scarefest. Reporters drama queening it for maximum impact.

Some of the so called top reporters who absolutely try and grill politicians for their 5 minutes of fame is just sad.

What a lot of the public do not seem to realise is that news channels are funded by certain people who want their political or righteous slant viewed.

The amount of the elderly public who believe everything the BBC say is shocking. Institutionalised, they have been brought up with the BBC all their life and believe whatever they are told.

Sky is joke.

Personally i think news channels should give a balanced view and let viewers make up their minds.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

On 20/07/2022 at 12:51, sixwheeledbeast said:

Internet and social media blow everything out of proportion, mainstream news is following suit it gets more clicks and revenue.

It's twisting the way the majority of the public interact in society IMO.

Opinions are now polarising and not collaborative, no one person has the right answer to everything...

The more people you listen to, the broader your picture becomes. People don't listen and often only seek out confirmation of their bias.

...and you are not allowed 'a view' on social media.

I agree with the last sentence, people believe what they want to believe.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.