Security Installer Community

Is it me or does the Media seem a bit more OTT nowadays

The news just seems so panic panic panic nowadays, shortages in the shops causing panic buying during Covid, after that it was the fuel shortage everyone panicking to buy fuel all fuelled by the media (excuse the pun), and whats with the red pictures of the UK on the weather announcements? A few years ago that would have been a few jolly pictures of the sun in different places. Yeah it was hot today and maybe on paper hotter than any known recorded temperature but does it really warrant all the drama causing panic buying of ice cubes? They have been going on and on about inflation but I have not seen any changes in selling stuff, if anything I am selling more than I ever did, and many of my customers are expanding their businesses not the other way around ( I think most of em know something I dont ). I think the media has gone all snowflake on us, causing more grief than it should. 

Internet and social media blow everything out of proportion, mainstream news is following suit it gets more clicks and revenue.

It's twisting the way the majority of the public interact in society IMO.

Opinions are now polarising and not collaborative, no one person has the right answer to everything...

The more people you listen to, the broader your picture becomes. People don't listen and often only seek out confirmation of their bias.

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Internet and social media blow everything out of proportion, mainstream news is following suit it gets more clicks and revenue.

Opinions are now polarising and not collaborative, no one person has the right answer to everything...

The more people you listen to, the broader your picture becomes. People don't listen and often only seek out confirmation of their bias.

However the fires are real , see this on A40 northolt going on now

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

However the fires are real , see this on A40 northolt going on now

its not like they dont happen every now and again though fires are not a new thing, theres an old windmill up near me that burnt down in 1933 in a great southdowns wild fire 

image.png

34 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Looking at the many fires..... I 'd say the environmental protestors have branched out into arson ?

Now this makes more sense than media 

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Looking at the many fires..... I 'd say the environmental protestors have branched out into arson ?

They were on the M25 today again, meanwhile in Brighton the green party were spend £thousands of taxpayers money on planting stuff on the beach.

9 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Exactly this 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.