Security Installer Community

I-on40H wiring PIR & door Latch to panel confused……

I have an ion40H and was installed professionally but the guy who fitted has passed away and it's wired in a way I just don't understand……

I have completely started again with it, as the sensors wiring is all differently wired colours wise and are using…..

3 × 6 core PIR wired 
2 X 4  core PIR wired (which are linked together  I think)
2 × door sensors Magnetic Wired 
8 x radios PIR  (These are a dream to set up and wish I had replaced them all to this type)

Have wired up box, keypad and panel and that's all fine, got onto the cloud and again radio sensors sets and all good, but with that wiring configuration, how would you wire the PIR/Door catch and double PIR and what to choose as wiring con fig at panel?

Have now changed all wiring at PIR’s to match, as that was confusing as hell.

so now I have the following ….

red 12V
black Ov
yellow tamper left
blue tamper right
white nC left
green NC right

These are all  New Scantronic Pet PIRs but I'm lost on how to wire…or what to use at PIR and Panel.....? As I have a mix of wiring 6/4 a dual line and 2 x mag door alarms

If anyone could please help, I would be much appreciated….

Many many thanks in advance

NS

5 hours ago, NellyBoy said:

I have an ion40H and was installed professionally but the guy who fitted has passed away and it's wired in a way I just don't understand……

I have completely started again with it, as the sensors wiring is all differently wired colours wise and are using…..

3 × 6 core PIR wired 
2 X 4  core PIR wired (which are linked together  I think)
2 × door sensors Magnetic Wired 
8 x radios PIR  (These are a dream to set up and wish I had replaced them all to this type)

Have wired up box, keypad and panel and that's all fine, got onto the cloud and again radio sensors sets and all good, but with that wiring configuration, how would you wire the PIR/Door catch and double PIR and what to choose as wiring con fig at panel?

Have now changed all wiring at PIR’s to match, as that was confusing as hell.

so now I have the following ….

red 12V
black Ov
yellow tamper left
blue tamper right
white nC left
green NC right

These are all  New Scantronic Pet PIRs but I'm lost on how to wire…or what to use at PIR and Panel.....? As I have a mix of wiring 6/4 a dual line and 2 x mag door alarms

If anyone could please help, I would be much appreciated….

Many many thanks in advance

NS

So use eol 

If two pirs are linked they probably only using power shared and a pair for one PIR and a pair for other PIR , that's your six , provided the six core is the one going back to the panel

So remove the tamper pair , and use one pair only and use deol , get resistors that match the panel , I think they might be 2k2 and 4k7 , can't remember exactly 

That will leave you a spare pair at each sensor, maybe why you were confused dot com

• 4 weeks later...

You say the connection was done professionally, but I'm not sure about that. As far as I know, wiring PIR & door Latch to the panel is the simplest connection possible. There shouldn't be any mistakes done. Now you will have to change the whole system to make it work again. Locksmith ###LINK REMOVED### can suggest what to do in order to avoid changing the door or the wiring box.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No adverts in posts.

I fail to see how to come to that conclusion or why I would call a locksmith to an alarm system?

To the OP, as much as you have started again "at both ends" how would you know there isn't a junction box or connection somewhere in the middle that the colours change?

Have you tested all this wiring with a multimeter?

EOL is a good start to minimise the connections/wires required but it's not fully clear what exactly you need help with, which may be indicated by the lack of contributions on the topic.