Security Installer Community

ADT/Elmdene 7422 external sounder connected to G3-48 - Tamper Loop

Hello

I am installing an ADT/Elmdene bell box (external sounder) in a Honeywell Galaxy 3-48C panel.

I'm fine on the wiring but the bell box has EOL tamper resistors in it and need to cut the right link to ensure the EOL resistance is correct for the unit to function correctly.

Anyone know what is the right resistance is for the Galaxy system?  Options are 0, 1k or 4k7 ohms.

There is also a tamper cascade link.  The instructions from Elmdene and Honeywell don't mention the resistance for the bell box nor the tamper cascade.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

26 minutes ago, Bradders1664 said:

Hello

I am installing an ADT/Elmdene bell box (external sounder) in a Honeywell Galaxy 3-48C panel.

I'm fine on the wiring but the bell box has EOL tamper resistors in it and need to cut the right link to ensure the EOL resistance is correct for the unit to function correctly.

Anyone know what is the right resistance is for the Galaxy system?  Options are 0, 1k or 4k7 ohms.

There is also a tamper cascade link.  The instructions from Elmdene and Honeywell don't mention the resistance for the bell box nor the tamper cascade.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Zero?

Just to test it why not "Don't connect the tamper return of the siren at the panel, and put a permanent -ve there" and see is the panel happy. If it is, you can then cut all but the black.

Galaxy uses 1k for everything.

I don't have a signature.

1 hour ago, Monte Carlo said:

Just to test it why not "Don't connect the tamper return of the siren at the panel, and put a permanent -ve there" and see is the panel happy. If it is, you can then cut all but the black.

Blag

Zero

1 hour ago, Monte Carlo said:

Double blag diff for fault and masking 

34 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

8 core with a purple wire ??

CSD Professional used to do something like  that 2o yr ago ??

Diy thread

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

i dont think it does for the sabt thats a hard 0v unless using a circuit

Yes, which is why I said

Edited by Monte Carlo
correct typo

I don't have a signature.

10 hours ago, Monte Carlo said:

Yes, which is why I said

So still guessing 

Zero is answer end of , if it doesn't work then something is faulty 

If panel not happy then faulty or something

If bell not happy then faulty or something else