Security Installer Community

Odd Webaccess problem (probably IT related)

On a roll here.  This is a variation on the classic "can connect on LAN but not outside the LAN".

Have setup  a dyndns account and wanted to test outside access to the network before configuring DDNS  on the router.

On entering the host name on my phone using cellular data (no wifi) I get to the Hikconnect login page and can login fine. All comes up fine except there's no images. I can configure stuff and change tabs but no actual camera images show up.

Connecting from within the network all is fine of course. Any ideas?

Ok I haven't managed to connect with a pc yet (need to ask a friend) but I remember that I tried connecting to the same system in France and got exactly the same problem. I have just tried and can confirm that entering the external IP of the French property gets me to the admin login which I can then do and I can select the different pages but get no camera images. Weird!

The difference with the French system though is that I can connect using the Hikconnect app on my mobile which I can't do for the UK system on data only

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 19.20.27.png

Edited by Driller

OK in the Hikconnect app I just forced the device address to my Dyndns host name and now that works in the app but still no images on the computer (which is a Mac BTW so need to  ask someone to try a pc)

28 minutes ago, Driller said:

The difference with the French system though is that I can connect using the Hikconnect app on my mobile which I can't do for the UK system on data only

O2 sim ?

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

sim provider or ISP may certain block ports...

Sorry, I wasn’t clear at all in my first post: I was trying connect through an internet browser window on my phone and managed to login and surf through all the menus but couldn’t get any images to come up.

Using the Hik-Connect app on the phone all works fine.

Using the laptop (Mac) is fine on the LAN but if I connect through the phone using data, same problem-all the text comes through but no images.

9 minutes ago, Driller said:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear at all in my first post: I was trying connect through an internet browser window on my phone and managed to login and surf through all the menus but couldn’t get any images to come up.

Using the Hik-Connect app on the phone all works fine.

Using the laptop (Mac) is fine on the LAN but if I connect through the phone using data, same problem-all the text comes through but no images.

So using the app on phone is not fine 

?

Your simply saying using any external connection does not work correctly

11 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So using the app on phone is not fine 

?

Your simply saying using any external connection does not work correctly

App on the phone works fine both on LAN and on data only.

Internet browser on phone: can login and navigate through menus but no camera images. The is the case for both LAN and data connections.

Browser interface on Macbook works fine on LAN using Safari, Chrome and Firefox but when connecting externally (through phone) I can only navigate menus-no camera images.

Now you might think that this is because of the phone connection but when I try to connect to my 2 systems in Francec by connect the Mac to to WIFI here, I can also only just login to the web interface and browse menus-there are no camera images.

ETA sorry! When I say connecting "through phone" I mean using the data hotspot on the phone to connect the laptop to the internet

ETA again: The phone app works when connecting externally (data) and when on the LAN. Phone internet browser won't work for either (perhaps this is normal?) and laptop  only works when on the LAN

Edited by Driller

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

if Hik-Connect is enabled the stream is encrypted

If you use a browser you need a plug in for it work normally + a IE plug in 

The browser works when connected to the LAN though? But I get your point, the lack of an image only does suggest the lack of a plugin...

Edited by Driller

49 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Yo view a Hik dvr/nvr in Chorme I run in IE mode + the Hik plug in

When Hi-Connect is enabled the stream won't view with the above, 

That is very interesting! Maybe some sort of conflict going on then