Security Installer Community

Wired mains powered bell box to visonic powermaster pm33

Hello.

Please can someone suggest a wired mains powered bell box that I can use on my powermaster pm33. I have an expander module. 

I used to have a mc30 AC bell box linked to my powermax system which was ok but still requires back up battery and is wireless. I have decided it's time to upgrade to a powermaster pm33 hence my question.

Thanks in advance

On 05/04/2022 at 17:29, Tspoon1811 said:

Hello.

Please can someone suggest a wired mains powered bell box that I can use on my powermaster pm33. I have an expander module. 

I used to have a mc30 AC bell box linked to my powermax system which was ok but still requires back up battery and is wireless. I have decided it's time to upgrade to a powermaster pm33 hence my question.

Thanks in advance

As swb says best option , wired bell in scb mode using expander board

Thank you very much for your help and assistance and assistance on this.

Thanks for the suggestion of wiring siren to expander module. Reading other posts, I was under the impression, even powering a siren in scb mode to the expander still needs battery power?

On 06/04/2022 at 16:51, PeterJames said:

visonic do a wireless bell that you can put a 12v psu to 

Hello. Are you talking about about mcs730 AC? I have this powered to the mains. It without a backup battery the panel shows siren as low battery. I have noticed this happens to my new visonic pm33 panel. Mains connection without connecting the back up battery raises low battery alarm.

Everything on an alarm has some sort of battery somewhere, if it's for primary or standby use depends on the component and/or the system.

Standard wired alarm bellboxes have a built in rechargeable pack that will trigger the bell if the power is lost. If in SCB mode it will use this pack for the bell siren in all situations.

On 11/04/2022 at 20:51, sixwheeledbeast said:

Everything on an alarm has some sort of battery somewhere, if it's for primary or standby use depends on the component and/or the system.

Standard wired alarm bellboxes have a built in rechargeable pack that will trigger the bell if the power is lost. If in SCB mode it will use this pack for the bell siren in all situations.

Thank you very much for explaining this. It is much appreciated