Security Installer Community

Powermax+ Install Problem

Guest Retro

I have just received my Powermax+ panel today and set about configuring it. Unfortuately i fell :( at the (almost) first hurdle with the Installer Security Codes. Neither of the default numbers 8888 or 9999 work, with the keypad getting locked after the 5th incorrect attempt for a small time.

Has anyone come across this at all ?

Thanks in advance.

Jason.

Default installer code is #### and the master installer is #### as youve said, its possible the panel has been used to test something in the past, had the code changed, and then been re-sold by mistake?

Thanks for the replys.

I got to 0079 and then though there has to be a better way than this so started looking for some kind of hard reset. The only option supplied in the manual for a reset needs an installer id, so that was no good.

Solution.

On the back of the pannel next to the X10 jumper there is another bank of 3 pins, detailed DEF. I used this.

On the PCB there is a line joining 2 of the jumper pins, my jumper wasn't across these by default and im asuming that this is the correct position for it to be in order that the alarm operate correctly. Moving the jumper to these 2 pins allowed me to enter a 9999 installer code. Details of exactly what i did are as follows.

Mains, Disconnected

Battery, Connected, Slightly charged (im getting the battery low warning)

Situation is cant log in.

1 disconnect battery.

2 change jumper

3 connect battery

4 enter installer id as described in manual

5 change installer id

6 disconnect battery

7 change jumper

8 log in using new id

Im pretty sure that this is exactly what i did but i was a bit PI**ED off at the time and cant be 100% certain, but you get the jist anyhow.

Might be worth noting that i couldn't find anything anywhere that detailed the jumper in question. Also i didn't find anything on the net detailing anyone else having the same problem as me, hence this post. I hope it helps if anyone has the same problem in the future.

Note. My system was straight out of the box, so i cant say if performing this wipes all of the current settings, be wary if you already have a configured system.

Thanks..

Sounds like you didnt get a new one to begin with, its unlikely it left the factory that way.

Pete

34053[/snapback]

My thoughts too (see previous post) - probably a returned "test" panel or demo etc etc

Hmm, dont know, possibility i guess. The pannel was all wrapped and sealed. And the connectors on the back looked to be un used but i guess those could have been replaced.

Still working now so jobs a good un.

Jason

Archived