Security Installer Community

-Batt Mis 0001 error

Naqraf

Hi all,

My house alarm is continuously beeping everyday at 2pm which I reset with the user code. 

I can assume the battery is the issue, in the control panel which is Honeywell security Galaxy 2-12. 

Can someone please help with the following:

1) Which battery do I require to purchase 

2) Do I need an engineer code for anything or does the user code I use be enough?

3) I saw video of replacing the battery and it seems like all it requires is clipping and unclipping the battery - however when I switch the mains off the alarm is still on, does that mean it should still be safe as long as the red and black obviously don't touch. 

Thanks guys 

Screenshot_20220121-150604.jpg

Screenshot_20220121-150558.jpg

Hi there.

This could also present if you have separate PSU's around the property

Battery is most likely 12V 7AH - like https://www.toolstation.com/esp-12v-7ah-alarm-panel-battery/p51879

The need for an engineer code is an unknown as it depends on how the panel is configured. It is likely not - open the panel will create a tamper event - silence with the manager code. The battery should be marked with what it is and generally should be laid flat within the enclosure

I hope that helps

Battery should be sized to meet standby req without knowing the system currents you can't size it correctly. I would go with the size you need. I'd also advise a decent brand, failing batteries kill panels. Nasty one fail faster and harder. 

I'd also say it's the panel battery as its showing 0001

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

18 hours ago, Naqraf said:

Hi all,

My house alarm is continuously beeping everyday at 2pm which I reset with the user code. 

I can assume the battery is the issue, in the control panel which is Honeywell security Galaxy 2-12. 

Can someone please help with the following:

1) Which battery do I require to purchase 

2) Do I need an engineer code for anything or does the user code I use be enough?

3) I saw video of replacing the battery and it seems like all it requires is clipping and unclipping the battery - however when I switch the mains off the alarm is still on, does that mean it should still be safe as long as the red and black obviously don't touch. 

Thanks guys 

Screenshot_20220121-150604.jpg

Screenshot_20220121-150558.jpg

So if it's engineer reset , once you open it you won't be able to reset it , so no harm in trying but have an engineer prepared so you know what's coming , he can test your system fully same time 

Very good point on battery size and quality.

Assuming the original installer correctly sized the battery, the new one should be the same size as the old one. 7AH is generally a minimum size for that type of panel but it is correct the battery size should be established through measurement and calculation.

Quality of battery - again correct (as with all things, you get what you pay for) - As far as I am aware Yuasa is a good brand - been around for many years (I used to use them when I was on the tools in the '80s.)

Depending on programming the manager code can normally reset a tamper alarm - so opening the panel and resetting the resulting alarm should be OK. No one (on this forum) will know the programming so, as advised,  it is sensible to make arrangements to have an engineer available. Note though only the engineer who programmed the panel will know the engineer code so you might be in for a full factory default and reprogram. I don't recall if the new panels have an engineer code reset function - never needed to look - would have to check the manual for that.

Good luck 

On 22/01/2022 at 13:17, Andyha said:

Very good point on battery size and quality.

Assuming the original installer correctly sized the battery, the new one should be the same size as the old one. 7AH is generally a minimum size for that type of panel but it is correct the battery size should be established through measurement and calculation.

Quality of battery - again correct (as with all things, you get what you pay for) - As far as I am aware Yuasa is a good brand - been around for many years (I used to use them when I was on the tools in the '80s.)

Depending on programming the manager code can normally reset a tamper alarm - so opening the panel and resetting the resulting alarm should be OK. No one (on this forum) will know the programming so, as advised,  it is sensible to make arrangements to have an engineer available. Note though only the engineer who programmed the panel will know the engineer code so you might be in for a full factory default and reprogram. I don't recall if the new panels have an engineer code reset function - never needed to look - would have to check the manual for that.

Good luck 

Thanks for the reply. I have found the battery required but for the life of me how do I remove the spades as they are locked in ...

Screenshot_20220129-133126.jpg

They slide off.

It could be the wrong faston connector size for the blade and they have been forced on.

Maybe corrosion or a leak has welded them on, the battery looks warped so possible that lack of maintenance has caused this.

You will need to check the charging circuit and probably replace the leads if this is the case. The negative is also on upside down.

12 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

They slide off.

It could be the wrong faston connector size for the blade and they have been forced on.

Maybe corrosion or a leak has welded them on, the battery looks warped so possible that lack of maintenance has caused this.

You will need to check the charging circuit and probably replace the leads if this is the case. The negative is also on upside down.

It's an absolute nightmare! I can feel the tab of the spade is locked in but I can't find where it is....I think the spade is fine, it hasn't been wielded it's the locking tab it seems impossible to flatten it. 

Do you think if I crack the plastic open - any issues?

Screenshot_20220129-142510.jpg

Edited by Naqraf

Without the plastic housing there is no insulation and it will not really help you any further. especially with it being upside down.

They are push fit they have a locator but it's not a "locking mechanism" as such. Something is clearly wrong if more than hand tight.

You'll likely end up damaging to get off so get new set.

52 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Without the plastic housing there is no insulation and it will not really help you any further. especially with it being upside down.

They are push fit they have a locator but it's not a "locking mechanism" as such. Something is clearly wrong if more than hand tight.

You'll likely end up damaging to get off so get new set.

I managed to get it off... admittedly I cracked the insulation cover off and you were right there was no locking tab. So I have put electrical tape to insulate it - that should be ok?

The alarm seems fine and I didn't require any engineer code - but the key fobs I have no longer work......