Security Installer Community

Intercom solution ideas

Jwiggand

Hi. 
hoping to pick some brains and see if anyone knows any suitable kit 

We Had a request from a customer today to replace a existing audio intercom system on a block of 50 odd flats. They want a video system. 3 outside stations on different entrances. We would normally fit a video system with a video handset but they have requested a option where instead of a video handset it will call a mobile phone. I know they do one to one systems like this but wasn’t sure if there was one that could potentially have each call button call a mobile phone or 2 per flat. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks  j

15 hours ago, james.wilson said:

That's doable without the video, is the call station sip or sim? 

Sorry james ,

they want to be able to view video on their mobiles so the existing outside stations would need replacing as they are a very old analogue system. 

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

Comlit VIP 

Dahua 

Hikvision 

All have a system that works with an app with Video entry

Be warned though no app based ves works anything like the adverts 

That’s what worries me. Especially with 50 odd flats ,3 outside stations with potentially 100 mobile phones needing to be working on it. We’ve advised a normal  video entry  but The people requesting it have done their ‘research’ and want a mobile phone based system. 

20 hours ago, Jwiggand said:

That’s what worries me. Especially with 50 odd flats ,3 outside stations with potentially 100 mobile phones needing to be working on it. We’ve advised a normal  video entry  but The people requesting it have done their ‘research’ and want a mobile phone based system. 

Normally okay on WiFi its just when your out and about, I find by the time Ive unlocked the phone and answered the door the person calling has gone 

On 20/01/2022 at 19:06, PeterJames said:

Normally okay on WiFi its just when your out and about, I find by the time Ive unlocked the phone and answered the door the person calling has gone 

You need to unlock phone ? Just answer app no?

Agreed app solutions are great for notifications but that's it. Give it time I'm sure it will improve, just like it got better with 3g then 3.5g then 4g now 5g. None of them cover the country tho yet. I'll say it will work well enough when WiFi isn't needed because we have 11a...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

9 hours ago, PeterJames said:

If the phone is locked you have to unlock it the ap notifies but it doesnt unlock the phone

No I meant if your receiving a call you don't need to unlock for an intercom call right?

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

No I meant if your receiving a call you don't need to unlock for an intercom call right?

Ive tested Ring, Hikvision, cheapo Chinese, dahua doorbell and Dahua telephone entry, they all ring your phone via an app but none unlock the phone.

Yeah the call goes though but it doesnt unlock the phone, even when Im on a call I have to use my fingerprint if i need to unlock it.  If an app unlocked phones it would be a big security risk. It can be made to unlock the phone using Tasker  but I dont like the idea of my phone being insecure in any way with bank apps and other financial apps like wechat and Revolute on it, its changed from being a phone to being a personal computer, that I holds more than just my phone contacts.

5 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Ive tested Ring, Hikvision, cheapo Chinese, dahua doorbell and Dahua telephone entry, they all ring your phone via an app but none unlock the phone.

Yeah the call goes though but it doesnt unlock the phone, even when Im on a call I have to use my fingerprint if i need to unlock it.  If an app unlocked phones it would be a big security risk. It can be made to unlock the phone using Tasker  but I dont like the idea of my phone being insecure in any way with bank apps and other financial apps like wechat and Revolute on it, its changed from being a phone to being a personal computer, that I holds more than just my phone contacts.

Ok I misunderstood, as I am dodgy engineer who doesn't read things ,I though you meant to answer a call you need to u lock the phone , but yes apps don't unlock phones , 

I assume a rooted phone with special app would do it , same way trusted devices settings unlock the phone you might get an app that is trusted and phone unlocks when it rings it , not seen the latter tho , or tried 

• 3 months later...

Just seen this topic. If it's any help have a look at Doorbird (doorbird.com), I installed one at work and very happy with it.  Very nice looking stainless call units with multiple call units to mobile and all highly configurable (relays, movement detection onboard etc), also has an indoor monitor screen option.

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 15.13.13.png

Edited by Driller