Security Installer Community

yTa 2204 SAB 1974

Jack b

Hello, was wondering if anyone could tell me about this sab module? Found it in an SSW bell box; I've figured out most of the connections but there are still some that elude me.

This is what I've got so far

T1 - 0v

T2 - 12v 

T3 - Positive trigger 

T4 - Tamper return?

T5/T6 - Extra tamper?

T7/T8 - Bell

T9/T10 - Polarity link for tamp return?

T11/T12 - Battery enable

There's also 4 solder joints above where the battery was once fitted - is that where the tamper switches go?

Any help would be much appreciated.

20210513_153627.jpg

20210513_234528.jpg

Edited by Jack b

No idea, never seen one.

T4 and 5 are just a link.

T8 and 9 are -ve rails, one would likely be for the bell.

Four top pins could have been SAB battery? One side of top pins is T6 the other is via the 1W resistor to -ve

It's the era I'd expect tamper switches to be microswitches with flying leads from terminals.

It would be logical to have all the field wiring on the first few terminals and the rest for the bell internals.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

No idea, never seen one.

T4 and 5 are just a link.

T8 and 9 are -ve rails, one would likely be for the bell.

Four top pins could have been SAB battery? One side of top pins is T6 the other is via the 1W resistor to -ve

It's the era I'd expect tamper switches to be microswitches with flying leads from terminals.

It would be logical to have all the field wiring on the first few terminals and the rest for the bell internals.

Originally i thought those solder joints had something to do with the battery but i couldn't think how it would. One side seems to go to the large resistor which is connected to the - VE. So i thought maby the solder joints is where the cover and rear tamper would go, then any additional tamper switches would go in T5 and T6 as T5 is shared with T4 and T6 goes to those pins.

As for  T9 and 10, they had a link between them. Fell off though as the copper was weak.