Security Installer Community

Eurosec CP8L "KP Tamper" Error

AlexL

7 hours ago, AlexL said:

but endstation installation is probably not a simple swap,

for a super-duper alarm man like me 2hrs

1/2 hr to replace the rkp

1 hr to swap the controls

1/2 to fake some paper work & demo to the end user ?

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, thought I'd update on the status. 

Ordered KP, while waiting for it to arrive the screen (power) on KP gone completely so it wasn't responsive, basically dead. When new arrived, upon swapping - nothing changed on the new one, i.e. as if there wasn't power going into it (so I think it might be something on control panel all along). I did however managed to trigger the control panel and alarm. With effectively no KP to turn it off, had to pull the battery and fuse out and few wires in the bell to shut it down :(. So, regrettably, will have to go with full replacement as was suggested before :). 

I am sure this has been asked many times (so don't shoot), but any advise on general approach:

1. Buy something (wired) on my own and ask installer to install it.

2. Go with what installer recommend (I think they use Pyronix) 

3. Just go with wireless DIY, e.g. ring etc ? ?

Thanks for advice.

Option 3 is junk and not an "alarm system".

You need to decide if your doing it yourself or just getting a man that know what they are doing to just do it in half a day.

We can't make that decision but you seem to want the system working and you have already worked out the hard way spending money to fix nothing, installer seems sensible?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlexL said:

Hi Guys, thought I'd update on the status. 

Ordered KP, while waiting for it to arrive the screen (power) on KP gone completely so it wasn't responsive, basically dead. When new arrived, upon swapping - nothing changed on the new one, i.e. as if there wasn't power going into it (so I think it might be something on control panel all along). I did however managed to trigger the control panel and alarm. With effectively no KP to turn it off, had to pull the battery and fuse out and few wires in the bell to shut it down

Thanks for advice.

Have you tried wiring it directly into the panel on a short bit of wire? Also check the fuses,fuses are there to save the panel when amatures decide to play around.

1. I wouldn't install something purchased by a customer, it opens up all sorts of warranty issues.

2.This would be my recommendation

3. All of this stuff is one way wireless, as swb says not an alarm system. The Ring alarm will need to be more reliable than the doorbell to be any good.  It really comes down to what type of burglar you are likely to attract.

• Upvote 1