Security Installer Community

Cheap Alarm panel with Card/Fobs/Tokens

Stable_Boy

30 odd years ago I fitted an alarm panel at the stables where we kept our daughters pony, as fate would have it she is now got her daughters pony on the same yard. The lady who still owns it is now in her mid 80's & struggling with seeing the keypad to put in the code so I'm after advice on a replacement panel that uses fobs.

It doesn't have to be anything special it has 6 zones, including entry/exit, it has a couple of Honeywell AG6's attached, doesn't have a communicator, but the new one needs to use cards/fobs so the keypad doesn't have to be used.

Thanks in advance

Alan..

13 hours ago, Stable_Boy said:

30 odd years ago I fitted an alarm panel at the stables where we kept our daughters pony, as fate would have it she is now got her daughters pony on the same yard. The lady who still owns it is now in her mid 80's & struggling with seeing the keypad to put in the code so I'm after advice on a replacement panel that uses fobs.

It doesn't have to be anything special it has 6 zones, including entry/exit, it has a couple of Honeywell AG6's attached, doesn't have a communicator, but the new one needs to use cards/fobs so the keypad doesn't have to be used.

Thanks in advance

Alan..

I would go with anything that also has voice or speech like hkc (although it's trade only at moment(

There are.probably others , but if her hearing isn't bad when using fobs she hopefully can hear what it's doing or what an issue is , if one occurred 

Thanks for all the replies, I have found https://connectec.uk/security/intruder-alarms/wired-alarm-systems/wired-alarm-panels-and-kits/pyronix-euro-46-v10-hybrid-alarm-panel-small which appears to fit the bill, although as someone pointed out there might be more programming to do. Are Pyronix a reasonable panel to work with, it the programming logical, can anybody suggest a different panel.

When I went to start this post an advert for Texecom fobs came up, but when I was looking I could find a Texecom panel which advertised using fobs.

Alan..

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys I hope I can still reply on your help, I've now purchased a Texecom Premier 48 panel, with a remote keypad that takes Fobs, both are 2nd hand from Fleecebay, so hopefully they work. I know it's an old board manufacture date 26-12-07 but it should do what she needs. Been a while since I did any alarm work, the pad needs +/- then T/R do you still reverse them at the other end, so T goes to R & vice versa?

I can find the manual for the Premier Elite but not just the Premier can anyone help, I am presuming each of the 8 zones has 4 terminals, 2 A & 2 T Active & Tamper? We'll only be using 6 so do I just loop out the other 2?

LOL I have just answered my first question, no you don't reverse them well not on this panel at least, it's all still all programmed up, so that's the first fun part

Edited by Stable_Boy

35 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

That has never been a thing.

Thank you for that, I could have sworn when I was subbying for a firm 20 years ago we used  a panel which wher the T went to the R & the R to the T, but memory is a funny thing.

But now reversed it is talking to the panel & getting lots of errors, just need to learn the programming, assuming I can get into it.

Edited by Stable_Boy