Security Installer Community

SL Compact 3 omitting help

TAZMANUK

Hi, we have a SL Compact 3 alarm system, our door contact which is the back door that is also the entry/exit zone so gives so many seconds when setting the alarm and also entry to turn it off isn't working.

Door contact replaced and working as set beep on opening and closing it, I've tried to follow the manual the alarm guy left us but haven't a clue.

Also we have a switch on the landing that we are able to set the alarm on a night and disarm it in the morning this isn't also working as I think I've messed with the setting on that by mistake.

Does anyone know simple to follow instructions how I can get these 2 zones working again as in baffled by the manual.

The alarm guy who fitted our alarm years ago has retired and referred me to this site to see if anyone can help us

Any help will be much appreciated

12 minutes ago, TAZMANUK said:

Hi, we have a SL8 Compact 3 alarm system, our door contact which is the back door that is also the entry/exit zone so gives so many seconds when setting the alarm and also entry to turn it off isn't working.

Door contact replaced and working as set beep on opening and closing it, I've tried to follow the manual the alarm guy left us but haven't a clue.

Also we have a switch on the landing that we are able to set the alarm on a night and disarm it in the morning this isn't also working as I think I've messed with the setting on that by mistake.

Does anyone know simple to follow instructions how I can get these 2 zones working again as in baffled by the manual.

The alarm guy who fitted our alarm years ago has retired and referred me to this site to see if anyone can help us

Any help will be much appreciated

Looking on panel just says SL Compact

Screenshot_20211128_092305_com.google.android.apps.docs_edit_456231675682467.png

The first question is how have these settings broken.

If the panel hasn't been serviced and battery failed and/or the panel has lost this memory on it own then it would be best to find an engineer to further investigate this.

If you have been messing in the menus then it would hopefully be as simple as finding what you changed.

Switch on the landing sounds like an odd old school setup, I imagine there should be a zone programmed as keyswitch.

37 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

So on your rear door, you have a contact that does or doesn't work? 

Hi door contact I replaced and works as chime goes on and off when closing door.

Before it was replaced not knowing what the issue was I tried the manual to do the entry exit door but I think I messed it up, then changed the door contact and managed to set zone to chime that's how I know the door contact now works with the new one just dont k ow how to set it to entry exit.

By messing with that I must have set the switch upstairs as didnt know what I was doing setting wrong zone 

17 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The first question is how have these settings broken.

If the panel hasn't been serviced and battery failed and/or the panel has lost this memory on it own then it would be best to find an engineer to further investigate this.

If you have been messing in the menus then it would hopefully be as simple as finding what you changed.

Switch on the landing sounds like an odd old school setup, I imagine there should be a zone programmed as keyswitch.

Yes I messed with the settings setting wrong zone, before I knew the door contact was at fault as the alarm wouldn't set I messed with settings, then I changed the door contact to a new one.

Then managed to get it to omit to zone and do the chime so that's how I know it's working but not set as entry exit.

By messing I must have altered the switch settings to set the alarm so both these features no longer work at the moment ?

as for switch yes old scho as the guy was in his early 60s when he installed it and we wanted a switch to set alarm at top of landing rather than the lower sensor at bottom of landing to give us a few seconds to go to keypad every morning to disarm it, so was easier to have it on a switch so we can set it by that every night and turn off every morning

It just means if someone runs up the stairs and flicks the switch you have no alarm, you wouldn't design anything like that, certainly not now.

If your struggling the understand the manual it's not really feasible to guide you button for button on fixing your programming, we don't know what's connected to what.

Your probably best to have the system serviced, new battery and ask the engineer to fix the programming when they come.