Security Installer Community

Eurosec CPX control panel

Hi all,

I've had the above panel installed with a wireless alarm for a number of years.

It's got to the time of year again where one of the batteries in the wireless motion sensors is running low and triggering the alarm.

This is becoming more and more frequent as the battery gets lower.

My installer has stated that they cannot remember the engineers code.

What options do I have?

I'm not sure if removing the sensor and replacing the batteries whilst the alarm is sounding will sort it.

Thanks,

Dave

9 minutes ago, DaveItalia90 said:

What options do I have?

I'm not sure if removing the sensor and replacing the batteries whilst the alarm is sounding will sort it.

You have two options if your doing yourself... try it and hope or no system.

The installer should know how to deal with a lost engineers code, which may involve reprogramming the system.

You should leave it up to them if you are under support obviously.

9 hours ago, DaveItalia90 said:

lol,

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

CPX didnt have any wireless detectors IIRC so they must be aftermarket with a receiver. The CPX has a built in Digi so is normally monitored. Strange combo monitored alarm with aftermarket wireless detectors. 

its supports a single wireless expander, 8 zone + 8 keyfobs, reports, alarms tamper, low battery ect...

the digi works as speech dialler,

its not a bad product, but gardtec quirky with cheap looking rkp

Mr? Veritas God

49 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Never used a cpx but hated the cp8l used as a necessity after the 800l however quite stable hardwired 

went from 700l to vertias, then to euro mini as staff could not cope with led keypads (honest)

Mr? Veritas God

On 02/11/2021 at 11:44, DaveItalia90 said:

Hi all,

I've had the above panel installed with a wireless alarm for a number of years.

It's got to the time of year again where one of the batteries in the wireless motion sensors is running low and triggering the alarm.

This is becoming more and more frequent as the battery gets lower.

What options do I have?

Thanks,

Dave

Pay someone to put something upto date in....

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Re the CPX
Risco have now reduced significantly their product range to the point that after almost 30 years with the brand we have moved off to pastures new.
The CP8 and CPX have been removed and replacements can not be sourced, they are incidentally still supplying the detectors as they are used on other items in the Risco range.
They have also removed from the shelves the Commpact system and many of their external sounders (We had over 50 printed covers for one unit that have now been skipped as useless)

Re the engineer codes, there is an option the reset codes provided they are not locked your engineer should know how to do this (if he's worth his salt).

9 hours ago, Slickjack said:

Re the CPX
Risco have now reduced significantly their product range to the point that after almost 30 years with the brand we have moved off to pastures new.
The CP8 and CPX have been removed and replacements can not be sourced, they are incidentally still supplying the detectors as they are used on other items in the Risco range.
They have also removed from the shelves the Commpact system and many of their external sounders (We had over 50 printed covers for one unit that have now been skipped as useless)

Re the engineer codes, there is an option the reset codes provided they are not locked your engineer should know how to do this (if he's worth his salt).

They doing you a favour , complete rubbish you just got used to ?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, al-yeti said:

They doing you a favour , complete rubbish you just got used to ?

Your not wrong, it was a natural progression on from the gardtec gear. 
Goes to show that sticking with the same brand is not always a good thing.
Were on Orisec now as its UK manufactured and close to us, good kit too.

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Ahh the Cult of Orisec, I fail to see the attraction... 

They are local to me so I can drop in and collect bits of kit, the whole range works within its self.
We "being domestic house bashers" use mostly wireless now but I can upgrade any system with same line of kit and still offer wire free options if required.
The apps a bit basic but does a job.
I have to say is good looking and practical kit and the MD is a very nice bloke.

On 05/01/2022 at 03:02, james.wilson said:

As has been said have you tried the rest of the market or moved from risco to orisec? 

Moved over to Orisec, I've been about a while and have used many other brands and to be fair Texecom could have provided all I need but I looked at Orisec and loved it from the off.
They are a UK manufacturer and employer plus some how they have been smart enough to dodge the issues with chip and other component supply.
I should have minimal trouble getting kit on time and they are 20 mins drive from our office. 
Incidentally the MD of Orisec was the owner of Texecom, nice bloke too ?