Security Installer Community

Beginners Information about Wireless Alarm Systems

1 hour ago, Imnotshankled said:

It's better than nothing 

Only if its working when you need it to. People come here for advice, if we just said yeah that'l do and then they were burgled because the system failed then we would not be providing good advice would we. If something is unreliable, we should say so, and we all know that the free apps have been very unreliable.

37 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Only if its working when you need it to. People come here for advice, if we just said yeah that'l do and then they were burgled because the system failed then we would not be providing good advice would we. If something is unreliable, we should say so, and we all know that the free apps have been very unreliable.

I haven't had any issues with the orisec app over gsm

4 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

I haven't noticed any issues with the orisec app over gsm

Fixed!

According to the FB security forums most of the free ones have been down at one time or another. Many of them are now charging for their apps, to fund their costs.

Bear in mind in order for someone to get something for nothing, someone is getting nothing for something. A business cannot afford to continue to spend money on servers and electricity to run them for nothing in return, and all the while they are supplying this service for free they have no motivation to fix it quickly when it goes wrong.

11 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Fixed!

According to the FB security forums most of the free ones have been down at one time or another. Many of them are now charging for their apps, to fund their costs.

Bear in mind in order for someone to get something for nothing, someone is getting nothing for something. A business cannot afford to continue to spend money on servers and electricity to run them for nothing in return, and all the while they are supplying this service for free they have no motivation to fix it quickly when it goes wrong.

Probably why Eaton still free they just don't sell enough of it and need higher take up? 

Who else is still free ? texecoN? Disco?

6 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Pyronix, small fee for app access

Texecom small fee to have installer access

Orisec no fees

Pyronix is the more polished app panel IMHO

Pyronix app is definitely the best 

orisec app with GSM SD works perfectly fine for most domestics and has transmitted the signals successfully on several genuine break ins

Edited by Imnotshankled

23 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

What use is a security product that works 99% of the time in general use, but 0% of the time if attacked or jammed

Planned attacks are rare  according to statistics 85% of break ins are not conducted by professional burglars

I don't just rely on app notifications as even I know that all alarm apps are awful  

But the GSM speech dialler is perfectly reliable for domestics which uses the exact same signals as a csl dualcom 

in fact from experience it can take up to 5 minutes of the dualcom being offline before the customer even gets informed   and on some older versus units you don't get a offline message at all      

My percentages where facts not statistics, where is the source for this and how are they collated...

No-one is going to admit to being a professional burglar, even serial burglars know how to play the game so it looks unmeditated to do less time.

Saying a GSM speech dialler is the "same signals" as a Dualcom unit is just bull!

Your saying your talking from experience, what experience; compared to the rest of the trade members in the forum?

24 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

But the GSM speech dialler is perfectly reliable for domestics which uses the exact same signals as a csl dualcom 

It definetly isnt

24 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

Planned attacks are rare  according to statistics 85% of break ins are not conducted by professional burglars

I find the opposite. Most hits on pro systems are planned. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

50 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

Pyronix app is definitely the best 

orisec app with GSM SD works perfectly fine for most domestics and has transmitted the signals successfully on several genuine break ins

Not sure that you have seen or used all the apps, I accept that the free ones will work most of the time, after all a stopped clock is right twice a day

33 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

I don't just rely on app notifications as even I know that all alarm apps are awful  

in fact from experience it can take up to 5 minutes of the dualcom being offline before the customer even gets informed   and on some older versus units you don't get a offline message at all      

Define planned, most that I see have some planning, ie they know when the the kids are being picked up from school, or when the occupants are away. I have been to too many houses that were burgled while the owners were having their two weeks in the sun, tell me thats not planned. Opportunist burglaries are usually due to something like a window left open or seeing someone leaving the house.

GSM dialer cant tell you when its not working, a dualcom is polled every hour or every 20 min depending on the grade, the arC will call keyholders when it fails to pole, if you have a gsm dialler you are blissfully unaware. I have had customers that regularly forgot to top up their PAYG sim in their dialer.

You are beginning to turn into Arfur, Logan

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Not sure that you have seen or used all the apps, I accept that the free ones will work most of the time, after all a stopped clock is right twice a day

Define planned, most that I see have some planning, ie they know when the the kids are being picked up from school, or when the occupants are away. I have been to too many houses that were burgled while the owners were having their two weeks in the sun, tell me thats not planned. Opportunist burglaries are usually due to something like a window left open or seeing someone leaving the house.

GSM dialer cant tell you when its not working, a dualcom is polled every hour or every 20 min depending on the grade, the arC will call keyholders when it fails to pole, if you have a gsm dialler you are blissfully unaware. I have had customers that regularly forgot to top up their PAYG sim in their dialer.

You are beginning to turn into Arfur, Logan

If you are having to top up your pay as you go sim  perhaps you should look into fixing those false alarms 

I do have quite a few sites with csl digiairs with keyholder response including my house but most customers will quite adamantly not pay the £75 a year cost    but then again its thier choice not mine

At least I'm not selling a system that has "guard response" with some very questionable kit and installers like some certain company 

Edited by Imnotshankled