Security Installer Community

Paxton reader fobs - Alternatives

bm99

11 hours ago, PeterJames said:

If the chicklets work then I can sell you some that work with Paxton, but I always thought Paxton used Hitag 2 locked with a pword

Net 2 or Switch 2?

Paxton readers have been multiformat for about 5yrs

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

When you say multi format, is that it can read mifare and normal 125khz tags on the same reader

Or it can ready different khz tags? 

Sound even more confusing lol

Surprised no one has asked this question before on here, as it could be saving us installers some money than giving to Paxton etc..

https://www.paxton-access.com/products/net2-proximity-mifare-reader-p50/

We have added Genuine HID Technology to the P50 Mifare readers, they can now read HID 125kHz Proximity tokens, when licensed with an activation card. If required these readers can still be enabled to have Wiegand output, via a separate activation card.

They read 125khz ASK fobs as we have some site where they are using the intruder fobs for the access.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 2 years later...
On 14/09/2021 at 19:13, PeterJames said:

If the chicklets work then I can sell you some that work with Paxton, but I always thought Paxton used Hitag 2 locked with a pword

Net 2 or Switch 2?

Is there a Paxton reader standalone? That you can use on an intruder input , so that users can't copy the fobs 

Have a site where they have this problem , can switch to codes but want to stop fobs from being copied 

Or am I in wrong direction here

I have locked readers and fobs, they are wiegand so should work with paxton controllers alternately I have a stand alone controller the cost would be about £200.00 for controller and reader and the fobs are £4.00 ea  as I have to program them specially 

13 hours ago, james.wilson said:

You need a locked reader etc. Be nive if a manufact gave us reader inputs etc

You mentioned before , but why don't intruder switch to Paxton type coded fobs etc 

Simply cost right ?

5 hours ago, PeterJames said:

I have locked readers and fobs, they are wiegand so should work with paxton controllers alternately I have a stand alone controller the cost would be about £200.00 for controller and reader and the fobs are £4.00 ea  as I have to program them specially 

I want it for a hkc panel so staff can't copy the fobs

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

You mentioned before , but why don't intruder switch to Paxton type coded fobs etc 

Simply cost right ?

Yes i Raised it many years ago but there was no demand. To be fair its a bit like restricted keys etc there are ways to do it but they are costly. To me adding a wiegand interface would be be the best option

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2023 at 15:48, al-yeti said:

Simply cost right ?

I want it for a hkc panel so staff can't copy the fobs

My controller and reader will do that, gimme a call Monday