Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas Excel Zone problem.

Afternoon all.

Long time since I posted on here.

Problem I'm having a with Texecom Veritas Excel panel is that zone 8 on the panel seems to be faulty in that I can set the alarm without anything connected across the zone.

I've removed the wiring at the panel end and have checked for continuity with the door opened / closed and it's exactly as it should be but I can still set the alarm with the door opened.

As stated, the alarm will even set without anything wired into the zone 8 tertminals at the panel.

I installed the panel and wired it myself several years ago and until recently it has been fine, other than this issue the panel works perfectly. 

Everything I have tried leads me to believe that the panel is at fault, however........you never know, so I'm here asking just in case.

Regards, Dave Walton. 

50 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Zone disable suite ?

I'd thought about this, however when I set the panel and press "Omit" it shows me 12345678TP which if my memory serves me right means that all the zones are active ?

Regards, Dave Walton.

You can Disable zones for all modes in the Disable Suite but you also have option to disable full set zones individually on a Excel.

It maybe programmed as some Auxillary zone type instead of an alarm one, even if the zone is enabled. Or Silent PA, a number of things I suppose.

If you don't know the best way to prove hardware is to default the panel to make sure there is no daft settings been set and forgot about.

Thanks very much both of you for your advice / suggestions so far.

I'm not as up to speed with all of the programming and options as I was some years ago when I was doing this on a quite regular basis.

(And I'm Twenty odd years older !)

First chance I get I'll have a look the programming options to see if any of your suggestions provide a solution.

If I find myself in need of factory resetting the panel, do you have any suggestions on where would I find the relevant instructions / steps to follow ?

I have in the past spoken to Texecom technical support but it was some years ago now and am not sure they would be willing to speak to me after so long with regard to this.

Regards, Dave Walton. 

On 24/08/2021 at 20:07, Dave Walton said:

Thanks very much both of you for your advice / suggestions so far.

I'm not as up to speed with all of the programming and options as I was some years ago when I was doing this on a quite regular basis.

(And I'm Twenty odd years older !)

First chance I get I'll have a look the programming options to see if any of your suggestions provide a solution.

If I find myself in need of factory resetting the panel, do you have any suggestions on where would I find the relevant instructions / steps to follow ?

I have in the past spoken to Texecom technical support but it was some years ago now and am not sure they would be willing to speak to me after so long with regard to this.

Regards, Dave Walton. 

UPDATE.

I have spoken with Texecom support (Whom were excellent) and with their assistance have returned the panel factory defaut settings.

Zone 8 now works perfectly so it had to have been me whom disabled it, (As suggested) I can only think Isomehow managed it by accident. (Fat fingers)

In any case, to those that replied, thank you, your help has been very much appreciated.

Regards, Dave Walton.