Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Grade 2/3

Cieska

Hi peaps,

On the initial set up when Honeywell Galaxy boots-up for the first time (after the reset), the options after choosing the language there is:

• 01 = ADT Com UK
  • 02 = ADT Res UK
  • 03/10 = ... (other countries)

I can't find anywhere what difference is between those two first ones? Does it sets the panel to be Grade 2 (01) and/or Grade 3 (02) compatible? Or what it does? And if doesn't relates to Grade, then is it even a option on Galaxy?

Tnx

Your panel has specific firmware loaded for ADT.  This includes a set of pre-configured options for their ARC telephone numbers and various other ADT specific settings.  Option 1 is their commercial settings and 2 is for residential.  Whatever option you select, you should enter all menus and ensure that they are specific to your install.  Better still, use a non - ADT panel.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cieska said:

Hi peaps,

On the initial set up when Honeywell Galaxy boots-up for the first time (after the reset), the options after choosing the language there is:

• 01 = ADT Com UK
  • 02 = ADT Res UK
  • 03/10 = ... (other countries)

I can't find anywhere what difference is between those two first ones? Does it sets the panel to be Grade 2 (01) and/or Grade 3 (02) compatible? Or what it does? And if doesn't relates to Grade, then is it even a option on Galaxy?

Tnx

Just pick any and delete the account details after so it isn't constantly trying to communicate somewhere 

Although as GG said use non adt panel , or try

and update firmware

Edited by al-yeti
  • Thanks 1

Yech. It's FW v6.10., I'd anddoes complain about line error. There is an option to disable line interface, also it has some serious bugs, or it's *****up or I'm maybe missing something howto sett it up. For example the keypad doesn't allow to enter the code to unset the system during the entry time, so when  alarm kicks in, o ly then it accepts key entries.

Im just now in situation to find out if I can do firmware without buying any special software.

Edited by Cieska
correction

6 hours ago, Cieska said:

Yech. It's FW v6.10., I'd anddoes complain about line error. There is an option to disable line interface, also it has some serious bugs, or it's *****up or I'm maybe missing something howto sett it up. For example the keypad doesn't allow to enter the code to unset the system during the entry time, so when  alarm kicks in, o ly then it accepts key entries.

Im just now in situation to find out if I can do firmware without buying any special software.

Basically you need to learn about the panel , bugs is another issue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Basically you need to learn about the panel , bugs is another issue

Thanks for letting me know. ?

Not sure if I have to crate a new topic but will try to not. I have go other question: Should the number on the fob and what reader sees be the same? In my case it's not and fob doesn't do much when programmed in and presented to the reader, for example to do timed set. I have some glitches on the system. So its hard to learn without knowing how the system must really act in first place. 

IMG_20210809_193523.thumb.jpg.37ec944b6e3fae73bedf96e8c626c482.jpg

No, that's the MAX reader number printed on the black fob.  The number scanned by the keyprox is correct. You need to configure the users menu to link the MAX tag to the setting function if you want to use to set the system - you then need to hold the tag to the reader until the setting countdown shows on the display.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

No, that's the MAX reader number printed on the black fob.  The number scanned by the keyprox is correct. You need to configure the users menu to link the MAX tag to the setting function if you want to use to set the system - you then need to hold the tag to the reader until the setting countdown shows on the display.

Nice one. This means it does work. I just expected it to be more instantaneous, when presenting the fob. Thank you.

The card held function is something I'd like to see from other manufacturers. Prevents false alarms by people who are not trained on using the system. If you can't set it, you can't set it off

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

10 minutes ago, Cieska said:

Nice one. This means it does work. I just expected it to be more instantaneous, when presenting the fob. Thank you.

for setting you have to wait , for unsetting its quicker , at least that's what i see, use to annoy customers on the galaxy 

Just now, al-yeti said:

for setting you have to wait , for unsetting its quicker , at least that's what i see, use to annoy customers on the galaxy 

Yes.  Just need to sort all the error messages that apers when setting the system. In my case that 'Line Fail' was killing me. Just in case anyone else has it and not using the line then it's in 56.1.10.1.0

5 hours ago, james.wilson said:

yes disable line fault monitoring. Its going to be more of an issue with BT killing pstn lines. Im sure we will see more of it on here soon. Who could of predicted it...

Are those sentences related to each other? Tell that story, old man.