Security Installer Community

GSM auto-dialler query

Axotyl

There are several GSM speech and text auto-diallers available. One model is the Menvier SD3, with 8 Trigger inputs and 4 outputs plus 10 alert contacts.

Can any user familiar with this device inform me whether one can configure a Trigger input (say PIR) to switch on an alarm (or siren, or light etc.) in addition to sending an alert?

Specs are here: https://bit.ly/3lUH5bJ

A similar auto-dialler is here: https://bit.ly/3iw1vWa with less inputs.

We're only interested in GSM devices, as landline isn't available. We've spent a month researching auto-diallers, and have been continually told by installers that they have to have utilise a copper landline, which these devices don't.

Edited by Axotyl

1 hour ago, Axotyl said:

There are several GSM speech and text auto-diallers available. One model is the Menvier SD3, with 8 Trigger inputs and 4 outputs plus 10 alert contacts.

Can any user familiar with this device inform me whether one can configure a Trigger input (say PIR) to switch on an alarm (or siren, or light etc.) in addition to sending an alert?

Specs are here: https://bit.ly/3lUH5bJ

A similar auto-dialler is here: https://bit.ly/3iw1vWa with less inputs.

We're only interested in GSM devices, as landline isn't available. We've spent a month researching auto-diallers, and have been continually told by installers that they have to have utilise a copper landline, which these devices don't.

Well the PIR has alarm contacts so you could use them maybe with a relay just to trigger the input on any autodialer , there many cheaper devices which will do the just b for you on eBay 

For example 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alarm-Installer-Auto-Dialler-with-Controllable-Relay-/233783581818?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

They have different versions , but I would recommend a cheap monthly contract SIM , you will kill your credit quick otherwise 

Thanks, al-yeti - I looked at the eBay device, but it doesn't have as many programmable features as either of the two auto-diallers in the original post, and I guess the cost reflects that.

James.wilson - I understand that using GSM is unlikely to be as reliable as landlines, but my thinking was that the auto-dialler in the original post would have one SIM card, and there would be a separate card in the Huawei router which would support additional CCTV (plus a weather station), and provide a back-up warning to an intruder. If the cards were with separate providers, then it's unlikely both would fail at the same time, so fail-safe?

Both the auto-diallers above have several additional features, and I'm not clear why they would need a separate control panel.

I'm just an amateur, and I realise that I'm going to need an installer who's familiar with GSM auto-diallers, to go through the options with us. The property is situated in the BN7 postcode, so would appreciate a professional making contact ( two warehouse/hangars, one needing CCTV/alarm, the other external CCTV monitoring).

Edited by Axotyl

Yes proper monitoring will be polled depending on the grade etc

Anywhere from every few seconds to once a day. 

I would always use a panel to connect your detectors to, you need something to arm disarm, power supply battery monitoring logs etc etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

23 hours ago, Axotyl said:

We've spent a month researching auto-diallers,

are you a slow reader ?

23 hours ago, Axotyl said:

and have been continually told by installers that they have to have utilise a copper landline, 

what plonkers have you been talking too ?

phone lines are finished for alarm signaling.... you need to put your hand in your pocket & buy a proper alarm from a proper alarm company with proper signaling 

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

5 hours ago, MrHappy said:

phone lines are finished for alarm signaling.... you need to put your hand in your pocket & buy a proper alarm from a proper alarm company with proper signaling 

Problem is all the proper companies in the BN7 area are busy as, we keep putting our prices up and still getting more acceptances than we can deal with. Im booked up till December now.

OP James was referring to an alarm panel not landlines, analogue landlines will be obsolete by 2025 and so the choices are IP signaling and GSM. But as James says using signaling without a control panel though in theory will work its not a sensible way to go about it. 

As H says may as well use his forum then. Do you want honest views from security professionals or some bloke with a YouTube channel. I'm assuming the former or you would be commenting on his channel and making him some cash on views vs being here. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.