Security Installer Community

Combined Wired Shock and Contact Sensor

Hi all.

Just after a little advice please.

I am looking for recommendations on wired combined shock n contact sensors for all of my windows and doors.

Have not yet decided on the main panel but it will likely be a texecom or Pyronix.

The largest door is approx. 3.6m * 2m. It is a sliding door with 4 x 900mm panels. The 2 middle panels slide and 1 fixed panel on each side.   

Or should I be using separate shock and contact sensors?

Suggestions appreciated.

I would probably go separate unless aesthetics determines otherwise, would need to see the frames to work out positioning of shocks then you can go from there.

If positioning of shock means you can't use combined that answers your question. Either way if combined I'd want something that signals activations from each detection separately.

1 minute ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would probably go separate unless aesthetics determines otherwise, would need to see the frames to work out positioning of shocks then you can go from there.

If positioning of shock means you can't use combined that answers your question. Either way if combined I'd want something that signals activations from each detection separately.

Thanks SWB.

Aesthetics always a consideration but security is more important.

Are separates thought to be better or is it just that they are more flexible when it comes to fitting?

I've attached a word doc with examples of the frames.

I'm about to do the first fix on and want to ensure that any wiring is in place as neatly as possible ready for the sensors, hence I was going to buy one of the sensors so I can test fit before starting to do any permanent work.

windows.docx

1 hour ago, Sparkypenguin said:

I was going to buy one of the sensors so I can test fit

This is the sensible solution, you will then have an idea on coverage and also setup instructions to work from to make your decision.

You don't always have an opening where it maybe the best location to place a shock. So normally separate unless you know the kit will work there.

Wireless are often combined units depending on manufacturer, but you have a bit more flexibility with aesthetics then because no wires.

Not saying you should fit wireless, just a observation that you can then have everything fitted and worry about positioning after with wireless.

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

employ a competent alarm company to wire the site before you plaster ?

shock ain't great they will FA, radio shocks are worst

Hkc top quality on RF 

21 minutes ago, Sparkypenguin said:

I've decided to buy and test a flush mounted contact to see if I can fit into the frames.

Probably an Elm-6QFC(RD) and/or RFT-RD as the metered tails on the pre wired one may be too short. 

look very carefully how big a gap you have between frame & door to fit the top of the nylon contact in place

the stainless steel capped ones are thinner & more robust if they rub together

Mr? Veritas God