Security Installer Community

SW1070 Panel: Tamper or Sensor Triggered Alarm?

Something in the shed triggered my alarm last night. I'm thinking warm air currents in front of sensors or tamper contacts stick/slipping in this heat because of expansion/contraction or maybe bats. Does this panel differentiate between an alarm triggered by a sensor in a loop on a zone or the alarm triggered by a tamper going o/c on that zone? The panel just says a"Alarm" with the zone name. These false triggers  are infrequent, maybe one or two a year, but always seem to happen in really hot weather.

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

All systems should show alarm, tamper and (if radio) battery faults separately, it's an important part of diagnosing a false alarm event.

Unless you wire something up wrong, an alarm is the sensor triggering be that a fault or the environment.

So should it specify zone number, name, followed by type of alarm triggering event? I'll check if this actually does happen and report back. If it doesn't, does it mean I have detailed alarm event reporting turned off in the menu somewhere?

44 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

So should it specify zone number, name, followed by type of alarm triggering event? I'll check if this actually does happen and report back. If it doesn't, does it mean I have detailed alarm event reporting turned off in the menu somewhere?

My alarm normally faults on the day everyone goes out (as we get to door) or heat is a problem , original wiring was loft and PSU can't take intense heat lol failed yesterday

Galaxy dimension was bullet proof PSU transformer 

21 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Tamper means exactly that the lid has come off something, or if hwired the cable may be damaged 

hkc  will normally verbally tell you the  fault "tamper zone 3" 

Yes, I just confirmed that.

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

20 hours ago, james.wilson said:

If its a pir in a shed that isn't a great idea

Can I use a double knock option on the same zone to only trigger an alarm after several operations of the PIR?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Can I use a double knock option on the same zone to only trigger an alarm after several operations of the PIR?

HKC have a wireless Dualtech now its much better for hostile environments like sheds and garages 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You can, but you shouldn't.

agreed its an awful option and should never be used

If its wired use a dt, if rf use the hkc dt or better still dont use space protection in a shed

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 hours ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Doesn't work well for fa 

6 hours ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Hkc pir won't trigger as fast as normal standard pirs might be better option or the wireless as said above

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2021 at 18:52, PeterJames said:

HKC have a wireless Dualtech now its much better for hostile environments like sheds and garages 

What's the approximate line-of-sight range (for the radio signal) of those?

57 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

What's the approximate line-of-sight range (for the radio signal) of those?

Its the same as the rest of the wireless kit 

"Developed by our in-house R&D team, the detector has exceptional RF range allowing it to be positioned in the trickiest of locations"

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/Other/hkcsecurityCOM/Public Downloads/Ireland/Intrusion - Wireless/RF-PIR-DT.pdf

I have tested extreme range of this, on a farm environment it was about 1km. At the time wish I had the powered mesh unit in theory I could of got 8, I will at some point do range testing on the leading manufacturers, but that needs a beach to be fair

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.