Security Installer Community

Alarma and tamper error on Texecom Elite 24

I have upgraded an old Texecom system to an Elite 24 to allow individual zones.  I have inserted the 4.7k and 2.2k resisters into the PIR's connected everything up including an 8 channel expander connected the battery and loaded the factory defaults and got a host of Tamper and Alarm errors. To diagnose the faults I have disconnected the Extender and looped out zones 2 to 8 on the control panel and left zone 1 with a door contacts.  When I power up and load the factory defaults again I get tamper on zone 001 and tempers on 2 to 8 and alarm faults on 1 to 8.  Looping out the unused zones I have used pieces of alarm wire so expected only to see Zone 1 either working or with some sort of error. My plan was to establish a correct zone 1 and then move onto the next Am I missing something here.

Any help would be appreciated  Arthur

After defaulting the panel, the wiring type will be programmed as double EOL, so any zone that has been looped out with wire, or wired as normaLly closed, which the door contact probably is, will be seen as a tamper. The zone wiring type needs to be programmed as normally closed to conduct the test you have configured.

I have connected to the panel using Wintex and have identified zones 3 to 8 as being 'Not Used' and have connected to door contacts to Zones 1 and 2, these I have identified as Entry/Exit and Normally Closed. Stupidly I expected the Zones to show Green and secure albeit the zones 3 to 8 shown as not in use. As you will see from the attached jpeg the Zones panel showing the two connections and the remaining 'Not Used' and the front Diagnostics panel showing all zones in Red and the first 2 zones and Zone 5 as Active and the the others showing as Tamper.  Zone 5 is a throw back from a previous test that I carried with the first six zones connected - got the same screen.  To me it seems as if the panel retains a memory of previous events.  Operating the two doors did nothing to the diagnostics screen.  The keypads at this stage are not showing the System Faults messages just the standard banner and the date and time.  It would be nice if I could re-set the system and start again.  The system is a wired system using both 6 core and 8 core alarm cables.  The keypads function correctly as does the Bell. When I installed my own system Premier 816 I had no problems at all.

tampers.jpg

In my initial statement I referred to the resisters that I have installed in the PIR's only, after which I connected PIR's and door contacts and got lots of error messages that I didn't believe.  Because there was so many of them I disconnected all of them and only connected two door contacts which is what I have displayed in the last image, there are no resisters in that scenario. Given that the system now has only two zones connected and the other zones have been declared not used a diagnostics of the system should show Green lights and all saying secure. Any opening of the doors should change the diagnostics to Red and active, the diagnostics screen is live.  I have attached two pictures of my own system diagnostics the first shows that not used (Null) zones show Green and secure and the second is when I wave my hand in front of the PIR in my room and it goes Red and Active.

Putting, in my mind, the simplest connection to the system ie. two door contacts in Zone 1 and 2 I should get a correct response and assuming that they work with only two wires it doesn't matter which way round I connect them, or am I wrong. Is there a way to reset the system to clear all errors and start again from fresh.

My system 2.jpg

My system 1.jpg

I don't believe there is anything wrong with the components, something is just not programmed or wired correctly from what I can gather.

Use the factory default procedure as explained in the manual, we don't provide default information here.

I am assuming this isn't a UK system as the language is not set to UK English? You also mention a 816 which isn't a UK panel.

Or maybe the Elite24 is UK English but you last screenshots are a 816?

The first screenshot with the two display panels together is of my neighbours Elite 24 which should be a UK model (I am interested to know why you think that it is not set to UK English) and the last two images are of my Premier 816 which I installed in 2002 and it is a UK model.  I have tried the Factory Default setting   Reading the manual it states loading the Factory defaults after all of the contacts have been made.  If I follow this procedure with nothing connected will that clear everything and leave the panel as purchased? I realise that loading one item at a time and testing it is a long winded way but I know it is possible to add equipment at a later date, i.e. expanding the system due to an extension of the house as I have done this on my system.  I hope that applying this approach I will eventually find a component that is incorrect in some way.  Do you see any problem with this approach..  Thank you for you assistance.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Remove defaulting info

The terms "Interior" and "Bypass" are not UK English terms, 816 was part of "International series" panels.

Factory default as instructions is factory default so everything as factory...

I think your just getting confused with Wintex or something?

You probably only need to make the spare zones Not Used and test regarding wiring type.

Thank you for that you are correct that my Premier 816 does state its international and will not let me change it but my system works fine. My issue is with the Elite 24, if you look into my first image you will see that the zones 3 to 8 are declared as not used but the diagnostics on Wintex is telling be that they have a tamper fault and I don't understand why.

52 minutes ago, Arthur08 said:

Wintex is telling be that they have a tamper fault and I don't understand why.

take a picture of the wiring in the panel & take a picture of the device

I'll be more than happy to offer advice*

*which will be in the same paragraph as some proper piss taking 

Mr? Veritas God

3 hours ago, Arthur08 said:

My issue is with the Elite 24, if you look into my first image you will see that the zones 3 to 8 are declared as not used but the diagnostics on Wintex is telling be that they have a tamper fault and I don't understand why.

As I said above just ignore it. Not used zones will not matter.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry not to have replied sooner but the whole project was put on hold due to a covid infection. I have now resolved all of the connection issues which was due to the previous installation not using common wire protocol.  I now have a problem alarming the system, all zones are allocated to area A only as are the Keypads and the 8 zone extender, I also believe that I have set the system to quick arm, however, when I enter a user code and it asks do you want to arm the system, when I press the yes button nothing happens.  All users have been set to the arm and disarm the system. Any observations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Arthur08 said:

when I enter a user code and it asks do you want to arm the system, when I press the yes button nothing happens.

do you get an exit tone & it does not set or an error bleep ?

Mr? Veritas God

No I wasn't getting either. Things have moved on I have another problem I keep getting a zone 13 alarm message when I enter the Engineer code and cannot proceed any further.  I have tested the zone 13  resistance and is all looks ok, so I have tried to remove it by [a] removing it from an area [b] Identifying it as Not in Use, [c] Omitting it via the Wintex diagnostics.  But it still shows as being in alarm and I cannot get into any Engineering tasks.  Would a factory default setting help?

latest update. Sorted alarm on Zone 13 and am now back to where I was with entering user password and being asked do I want to arm the system, pressing Yes does nothing.  No sounds from the exit sounds from the keypad it just returns to the normal display (Banner and date and time) On entering the code again it still asks do I want to set the alarm the system

Not sure what you mean by Wards.  They are both assigned to area A.  This is a domestic installation where everything is assigned to Area A, however I can't help feeling that the issue is related the Area programming. Area A Arming mode and the Area Arm Suite are both set to Entry/Exit.