Security Installer Community

Accenta Gen 4 - internet switch-off?

Axotyl

We have an Accenta Gen 4 installation on a remote site. Nuisance warnings are annoying neighbours when we're not present. We can check whether a false warning for an intruder using CCTV.

Is there any way that we can switch off the Accenta via an internet solution?

That makes sense. If anyone has a compatible panel to the Accenta, I'd appreciate the info.

We're trying to secure a steel-panelled hangar, and requirements are different from a domestic setup (remote situation, exposure to elements etc.)

4 hours ago, Axotyl said:

We have an Accenta Gen 4 installation on a remote site. Nuisance warnings are annoying neighbours when we're not present. We can check whether a false warning for an intruder using CCTV.

Is there any way that we can switch off the Accenta via an internet solution?

As said app isn't your problem , false alarms is what you want to solve 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Axotyl said:

Even if we can solve the false warnings, and the system is running OK, we will still need to switch off the system remotely.

Being blunt, your alarm sounds like a pile of shit.

Have you considered putting your hang in your pocket & having a proper one installer by a proper co. ?

Mr? Veritas God

53 minutes ago, Axotyl said:

Yup - but can't put my hang in my pocket for north of £6k

6 grand is going to be a good sized building-

As guess if you have an ungraded Accenta type alarm in a building of this scale, it false alarms as it has neither the required voltage or current  to power a system needed in large commercial building

I assume you have buildings & contents insurance ?

Should something untoward happen, say metal thieves break in one evening rob a bit of cabling, they accidentally or deliberately cause a fire....

I would be very surprised if your DIY / sparky special type of alarm complied with the normal requirements of stated to provide insurance cover

Mr? Veritas God

5 hours ago, Axotyl said:

Yup - but can't put my hang in my pocket for north of £6k

Is that what you have been quoted or are you guessing?  It sound like your trying to tow a jumbo with a mini, it wont do the job you need it to do but it makes a lot of noise trying 

10 hours ago, Axotyl said:

The answer appears to be No.

if your panel has key switch input ? (I only remove 'em) - 5 - 32volt sonoff, 

However the correct advice is have something fit for propose.

10 hours ago, Axotyl said:

Many thanks for all the friendly help.

The people you annoy with your alarm(s) will have a local council have a website with similar advice - 

Noise pollution - Burglar alarms

Burglar Alarms

If you have a burglar alarm fitted to your home or business then by law you have a duty to ensure that it will not cause a nuisance to residents in the locality. eg prevents them from sleeping

If this occurs, and the alarm is not turned off, then the council can take further action. If the Council is required to deal with an alarm causing a statutory nuisance, the owner will be asked to pay any costs incurred. There a number of steps you can take to ensure your alarm does not cause a nuisance.

• Ensure that any alarm fitted to your premises is properly designed. (The British Standard for intruder alarms is 4737 - your alarm should comply with this).
  • Ensure that a legitimate alarm engineer, who will be able to set the sensors to the appropriate sensitivity, fits your alarm. This will prevent the alarm sounding unnecessarily.
  • Ensure that an alarm engineer, ideally on a contract, maintains your alarm regularly so that you don't forget!
  • Ensure that your alarm is fitted with a cut-off device to deactivate the siren or bell after 20 minutes.
  • Ensure that at least one of your nominated key holders can respond within 20 minutes of being called out.

What happens when the Council gets involved when an alarm causes a statutory nuisance?

Once the Police are satisfied that there is no criminal activity taking place at the premises, and the Council is satisfied that the noise of the alarm is causing a statutory nuisance, then a legal notice will be served requiring the alarm to be silenced - normally within a short period of time.  If this is not complied with then an application will be made to the Duty Magistrate for a warrant to enter the premises. 

The Council will engage the services of a locksmith and an electrician, and they will obtain access to the premises and disconnect the alarm.  The Council will ensure that upon leaving, the premises is left in a secure condition.  This whole process may take several hours.

Who has to pay if an alarm has to be disconnected?

The costs incurred by the council during this process will be recharged to the occupier of the premises.  This can be expensive and will include the Council's costs, the costs of the locksmith and the electrician.

• Upvote 3

Mr? Veritas God