Security Installer Community

Wall Mounting Bracket for DVRs NVRs Routers Receivers Switches and any other equipment

Hello guys, I am Marius and my hobby is 3D printing and designing. Not long ago I had a job where the CCTV recorder had to be mounted on a wall and I had to improvise a bracket for it, which was a pain in the back.
With this in mind, I have designed and 3D printed some adjustable brackets to mount recorders on the walls or under the desks.
These brackets will work with any device 30mm - 50mm thick ( routers, switches, modems, mini PCs, etc). I am also working on a design for 50mm - 100mm thick devices.
Please tell me what do you think about this design and if you have any suggestions / recommendations.
Thanks.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Brackets.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by pilsecurity
  • Upvote 1

Adjustable Wall Mounting Bracket for DVRs NVRs Routers Receivers Switches -> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284306773400

18 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Actually they look quite useful, well done! what sort of price would you retail them at?

I have them on eBay for £11.99.

If is ok with you, I can put the link in the post .

Adjustable Wall Mounting Bracket for DVRs NVRs Routers Receivers Switches -> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284306773400

Look nice for DIY'ers. Seems a bit on the expensive side for what they are, can buy small metal brackets or 30m of fixy band for that money.

I understand thought has gone into making them universal, but too easy to unscrew and take the device for security systems.

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

We would rather you put the link in your signature

Thanks,

I have just updated my profile and signature.

22 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Look nice for DIY'ers. Seems a bit on the expensive side for what they are, can buy small metal brackets or 30m of fixy band for that money.

I understand thought has gone into making them universal, but too easy to unscrew and take the device for security systems.

I agree is a bit expensive comparing with standard metal brackets but it is 3D printed and it takes 6-7 hours to print one set. I had good feedback on them and installers seem to like the brackets.

It is a new design and I think it makes things a lot easier if you have a set in your car and you need to install a device on the wall or inside a cabinet.

Quick installation, adjustable, easy to take the recorder down if it needs to be serviced, looks tidy, saves time.

15 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Great for hiding the recorder though, screw it up in the ceiling of a cupboard, that will feck the service engineer LOL 

Only suggestion I'd make would be to build them up at the back, this would benefit two fold imo, 1) allowing air to circulate and 2) of it's a breeze wall for instance (like a garage where I keep mine) you're not scratching the unit.

image.png.30055823721fb9d5c919373edd082b62.png

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 06/07/2021 at 21:07, pilsecurity said:
Hello guys, I am Marius and my hobby is 3D printing and designing. Not long ago I had a job where the CCTV recorder had to be mounted on a wall and I had to improvise a bracket for it, which was a pain in the back.
With this in mind, I have designed and 3D printed some adjustable brackets to mount recorders on the walls or under the desks.
These brackets will work with any device 30mm - 50mm thick ( routers, switches, modems, mini PCs, etc). I am also working on a design for 50mm - 100mm thick devices.
Please tell me what do you think about this design and if you have any suggestions / recommendations.
Thanks.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Brackets.jpg

7.jpg

Nice, as said above , if you provided maybe some spacers if you need to mount it with a bigger gap , or small redesign would do it 

If I was stuck I would buy these although I use the rack brackets currently in a way to wall mount