Security Installer Community

Difference between 360 and wall mount

Hello, I am curious that whether 360 and wall mount(assume they have same properties ie. quad/DT) have a huge difference on their performance? It seems like most of the installations are using wall mount , do 360s have their specific application?

Any ideas will be appreciated 

7 hours ago, Saint106 said:

Hello, I am curious that whether 360 and wall mount(assume they have same properties ie. quad/DT) have a huge difference on their performance? It seems like most of the installations are using wall mount , do 360s have their specific application?

Any ideas will be appreciated 

Range is the biggest downfall of a 360 they dont see as far as a wall mounted detector. They are really only meant for applications where there are a lot of obstructions like a gangway in a warehouse, or arcades where there are lots of arcade machines that obstruct the view of a normal detector. Plus the PIR detects much better when you walk across its field of view, which is why most detectors are placed in corners rather than the middle of a room. Give me a decent Optex quad any day  

• Upvote 1

On 06/07/2021 at 18:47, PeterJames said:

Range is the biggest downfall of a 360 they dont see as far as a wall mounted detector. They are really only meant for applications where there are a lot of obstructions like a gangway in a warehouse, or arcades where there are lots of arcade machines that obstruct the view of a normal detector. Plus the PIR detects much better when you walk across its field of view, which is why most detectors are placed in corners rather than the middle of a room. Give me a decent Optex quad any day  

Yes range is lame , some put them in for decor , and then bang on about it has to be top security and all that nonsense , I can get passed there 360 tho