Security Installer Community

Honeywell C079-2 play with DT8M?

Hi,

Just trying to pick the right components.

I have got already Honeywell Dimension Galaxy 48 and C079-2 RF-RIO and I'm pretty sure that DT8M wireless PIR will work with it, but I thought I will ask before I buy those.

Idea is to build temporary scaffold alarm system. So question no.2: Is it the bast what I can shoes from Honeywell dual-tec wireless PIRs for this situation? Sure not counting the fact that they probably not outdoor rated, but I will make it up something. I'm thinking to put it in 'pet mode', so in case if foxes jumping over the fence or cats. I will put beam away from bushes or trees I think this will do the job? My not professional thinking dual-tech is a good choice too?

Additional question would be: There is no option in my situation for wireless sounder? But I though its fine to pull a one wire.

I'm not security professional so I allowed myself to ask such a question here. ?It's OK if you answer with little bit of sarcasm, but please no answers like: "Leave it for professionals" or "I need to use outdoor grade cable for sounder". ?

id use active beams for scaffolding. you can get wireless ones then use an rf door contact with inputs to get it to the galaxy. 

I dont use galaxy rf but i think you need an rf portal now not an rf rio. But im not 100%

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

16 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

id use active beams for scaffolding. you can get wireless ones then use an rf door contact with inputs to get it to the galaxy. 

I dont use galaxy rf but i think you need an rf portal now not an rf rio. But im not 100%

Well... I just looked ones again in to Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Architecture-Chart and it seems that all those components are in one picture. I really hope that it's true.

Screenshot_20210705_201857.png.c45eefceca2dc8ce69d57003b3297ded.png

And RF Portal seems that is more newer device and designed to work with newer Galaxy Flex type of systems? Lets see what experts will say.

Are you saying about a little bit of DIY to merry active beams with Honeywell's RF door contact transport? or?

Thank you

Edited by Cieska

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

yes and they are outdoor rated

Sorry I realized that you have to many silly rules here in this forum. :)) It's fine.

Edited by Cieska

The Dimension panels will accept the C079 based modules, but you need to ensure the firmware is at the latest.  As above, for external gates Etc, you can use the D0DT800 contact and place it in a waterproof enclosure, then wire it to some sort of waterproof sensor.  I protect external gates this way, but only include them in a log type zone, so that a trigger will only alert apps and not cause a full alarm. You could easily connect the wireless sensor to a Takex beam, but would need to supply it power.