Security Installer Community

First time install in self build house

Thanks again to everyone for there help.?

Based on it I have found a local installer who is happy to consult on the first fix and do the 2nd fix.

His preferred panel is the Pyronix Euro 46 so I am starting to look at building the system around that.

His usual jobs are installing in business premises and he also installs CCTV.

I will be using wired accessories everywhere unless it is impossible to do so. after all I would hate to get on the wrong side of Greta. ?

I will still be buying all of the equipment as this will keep his turnover down and as it's a new build and I can claim all of the tax back so if anyone has any supplier recommendations and if the forum rules allow then I would appreciate them.

So thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated and please feel free to message me if anyone needs any general building advice and I will do my best to help.

Mark.

28 minutes ago, Sparkypenguin said:

My understanding is that VAT on labour should always be zero rated when working on new builds so there wouldn't be anything to claim back.

image.pngI think you will find the security industry is exempt from construction industry scheme which means we are obliged to charge you  https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/construction-industry-scheme-reform/cisr14290