Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Compact

Hello all, 

I wonder if anyone can assist. 

I've  just installed one of the  aforementioned alarms and have done this type before.

The issue I'm having is programming. It will let me access engineer mode with #### then programme, but then its not behaving after that.

Its a simple garden offcie install with only one PIR and one door contact. 

The ext siren is a Texecom Odyssey X-BE Grade 2, wired all per normal using 5 cores of the 6. Siren battery jumper activated and there is power to the circuit (light showing and alternating lights blinking slowly back and forth to indicate all well) Strobe, sounder both ok. 

I have triple checked all my wiring and tamper  and its all in order.

Any thoughts as to why the panel will not respond. Normally when reset is pressed the panel drops out of engineer mode, but it wont do this ?

Any thoughts at all please ? 

Best  regards,

Mark McCann

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No codes please

44 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

remove every device off the alarm, link out every zone, link the bell tamper out,

holding down the panel spring tamper.... can you exit engineering ??

Mr Happy 

Ref linking bell tamper out. As there is only one wire back from the bell box, is it a case of just removing it ? 

Cheers

LTD 

morning Mr Happy,

Did as you advised and panel still not behaving.

Linked out bell box (had to invoke the strobe to disable self activate first of all, to stop box sounding) and then linked out all zones, including tamper. Also linked tamper on remote keypad circuit as there isn't any, as intention was to just use panel keypad (compact model) 

Also, not sure if related, but 0 on the panel does not respond either.

I've currently powered everything off and put battery jumper to off position in bell box. Whilst at box I double checked wiring and all in correct sequence and tamper microswitch definitely clicking as it should......any further thoughts .... faulty panel ???

Many thanks in advance. 

Mark McCann 

It's extremely rare for kit to be DOA.

However, removing all external wires from the system and putting the factory links back then defaulting the panel as per the instructions would be the best way to test the panel.

After that if you have issues something probably wrong with the panel. Maybe keypad ribbon issue or something more serious on the PCB as been blown.

Also not sure what you have linked out but there are no tamper circuits for keypads it's a data bus, so hopefully you haven't shorted that out, that would cause issues.

Hi Mr Happy and sixwheelbeast. 

it's now working. Don't know in all honesty what I did as didn't change any wiring at all. I did what you said Mr Happy and it was just the same as yesterday.....the reset and 0 just seemed to respond, out the blue really and unexpectedly I have to say! 

Thank you both so much for your time and assistance. Much obliged ?

Best regards Mark McCann