Security Installer Community

Relace adt panel and keyboard recommendations please

Honda3

Hi i have a ademco microtech accord xpc i believe and want to replace it wirh new keypad and control board. 

Would like to keep the existing sensors and wiring. 

The keypad on this one is not responding properly and the fuse is blowing on the panel every 6 months or so. Thanks

On 30/05/2021 at 14:00, Honda3 said:

keypad one because that keeps going blank but than also the bell one gos i think because that stops working

Either way get rid of that junk and if you have fault you will have to fix it 

So Honeywell flex might do the job for DIY fix , I assume you know how to programme an alarm? Otherwise local installer maybe your best option 

You may end up having to open some detectors , but they probably as old as the panel and plastics can break 

If your not on tight budget then get all new sensors aswell 

If your not on tight budget and still want to reduce cost , then probably what your protecting isn't worth it anyway , so just scrap and leave it on the wall and have no alarm 

Otherwise wireless DIY pyronix enforcer will do you....

What makes you think the fault is in the 4 inches that you cut off? Where does it run from to? By that, I mean does it run under the floor or around the skirting board, under the carpet etc?

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

What makes you think the fault is in the 4 inches that you cut off? Where does it run from to? By that, I mean does it run under the floor or around the skirting board, under the carpet etc?

I read it as put on a fly lead. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 hours ago, Honda3 said:

Ive cut 4 inches of the kepad wire and reconnected it.

26 minutes ago, norman said:

I read it as put on a fly lead. 

It could be interpreted that way I suppose, but I read it that he removed 4" of cable off the keypad cable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the replies. I did that because the keypad was next to cellar door and it kept hitting it when opening, not ideal but was like that when i moved in. Its been ok since i cut wire but most of the time the fuse last  months so not sure if thats fixed it.

I Do realy want to replace the kepad because some buttons have become unresponsive. Any suggestions just for the keypad would be great thanks.

@Honda3 

find a local tame alarm man, get them to price via email to replace the controls, battery & external bell.

they'll measure all the cables & currents if they've 1/2 a brain...

I'd assume your cables are stapled under the carpets ?

Replace the fuse & tread on every inch of carpet where a cable might be lurking ?

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

You need to disconnect something or run it on its own fuse to diagnose which bit of kit is blowing the fuse 

Am i being thick. I thought it would be the keypad because that keeps loosing power and its the aux fuse that blows

if that fuse is only feeding the keypad then yes. But id suspect its also feeding other things. It will be one of those devices. Id go with device rather than cable but as mr h says it could be a staple, nail etc penetrating the cable somewhere

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 5 months later...
On 20/06/2021 at 20:34, james.wilson said:

if that fuse is only feeding the keypad then yes. But id suspect its also feeding other things. It will be one of those devices. Id go with device rather than cable but as mr h says it could be a staple, nail etc penetrating the cable somewhere

Hi everyone long time.but i found the staple through a wire on the stairs. Ive fixed this issue and fuse has not blown since. 

Can i change this keypad for a newer slightly updated one?thanks

6 hours ago, Honda1 said:

Can i change this keypad for a newer slightly updated one?thanks

The panel hasnt been made over 10 years and that was the most recent keypad they madefor that panel, so sadly the only way to update it is to replace the panel and keypad.