Security Installer Community

1 forward 2 back

Hi and welcome, I have seen plenty of changes in the last 35 years, you dont have to que up at the local Police station to put something on test anymore is a biggy, I used to hate that. Mind you you dont even have to call the ARC to put it on test you can do it by app.

Hello Peter, I had CCTV in mind in my rant. i dont do much intruder. I never knew you actually had to call into the local cop shop in person? You cant get a copper to attend to much these days, less the bells are going off at Greggs then its like a scene from Bodie and Doyle?

Wait I do have an intruder based rant to vent.. I had to explain to my tight fisted customers why Risco have started charging for the app like it was my fault.

2 hours ago, just use a hammer m8 said:

Hello Peter, I had CCTV in mind in my rant. i dont do much intruder. I never knew you actually had to call into the local cop shop in person? You cant get a copper to attend to much these days, less the bells are going off at Greggs then its like a scene from Bodie and Doyle?

Wait I do have an intruder based rant to vent.. I had to explain to my tight fisted customers why Risco have started charging for the app like it was my fault.

Yes that is great news they they charge , and so should everyone else , or atleast have a basic Vs proapp latter that is charger for 

8 hours ago, just use a hammer m8 said:

I have to disagree re CCTV too. I remember when CCTV could only tell you what happened, nowadays AI CCTV tells you its happening. Plus picture quality FPS and everything else is better than it was last week let alone last year, or ten years ago.

dvr / nvr's aside, i could get a far better and clearer image from a 1/2" CCD with a decent lens than most IP cameras doing the rounds.  and dont get me started on I.R

Its not so much the technology itself im ranting at, but the **** that is flooding the market, its a race to the bottom of the barrel.  So unless its Avigilon quality its landfill fodder.

A.I in real life use does one thing. that is it cuts the search time looking for an incident. That and it saves on installing detectors and the associated cost in that.  The only true useful advance is thermal is available to all and AI is only really accurate (for detection)  when used with thermal.

Backtrack--Ok, ANPR is good.

19 minutes ago, just use a hammer m8 said:

So unless its Avigilon quality its landfill fodder.

Lots of crap I agree its almost what I would call you get what you pay for.

20 minutes ago, just use a hammer m8 said:

AI is only really accurate (for detection)  when used with thermal.

Not in my experience, cameras that know the difference between a human and an animal or vehicle, face recognition, face detection, line crossing detection, intrusion boxes, work very well