Security Installer Community

Installer

Hi  everyone , to be honest I dont work in UK but I have sign in this forum , because in my country(Bulgaria) companies mainly use -2 brands - Paradox and Teletek, however now I am looking for some recomendations for outdoor sensors( the same will be use on teracce of the last floor apartment in city building).Do you know is this model of pyronix TMD15 (Pir/MW) could be used outdoor?Otherwise I probably will use Paradox Dg85, but he is only pir and in the hot summers( >40°C) it doesnt work so well. 

Edited by Dinko Tsvetkov

TMD's are not for outdoor use no.

Wouldn't say they are suitable for anything more than very light commercial (clean office) as they are terrible for false alarms from past experience of them.

For outdoor the sensor should be designed for the environment, over here I would consider something like an Optex LX-402 for that type of detection, no idea if you can get that type of thing in Sofia.

If your Paradox sensors are for outdoor maybe you have a positioning issue? Even the best sensor you can buy will struggle from positioning into direct sunlight.

5 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

TMD's are not for outdoor use no.

Wouldn't say they are suitable for anything more than very light commercial (clean office) as they are terrible for false alarms from past experience of them.

For outdoor the sensor should be designed for the environment, over here I would consider something like an Optex LX-402 for that type of detection, no idea if you can get that type of thing in Sofia.

If your Paradox sensors are for outdoor maybe you have a positioning issue? Even the best sensor you can buy will struggle from positioning into direct sunlight.

Thank you very much for fast and valuable opinion, however I didnt mention that 3 of the detectors will be under wide penthouse which dont allow detectors to be hit with direct sunlight.I will see is there any distributor of Optex in Sofia/Plovdiv.I have thought also for GJD300 even their much more expensive than Paradox it is not a problem for this client , but I suppose that she won't like how they look like:)). She keep to look nice too.

On 26/04/2021 at 09:04, Dinko Tsvetkov said:

Hi  everyone , to be honest I dont work in UK but I have sign in this forum , because in my country(Bulgaria) companies mainly use -2 brands - Paradox and Teletek, however now I am looking for some recomendations for outdoor sensors( the same will be use on teracce of the last floor apartment in city building).Do you know is this model of pyronix TMD15 (Pir/MW) could be used outdoor?Otherwise I probably will use Paradox Dg85, but he is only pir and in the hot summers( >40°C) it doesnt work so well. 

Its the pyronix XDL12TT