Security Installer Community

Disabling my alarm -help.

29 minutes ago, Amps said:

good old AMCO,

the outside bow will start to ring (nothing wired on the panel)

the panel is also wired grey neutral, brown earth, black live !

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

Hi folks,
I took a break to update myself and :-
a) I've aquired the Galaxy 2 install manual which
b) informs me that a complete power down  of the system restores the defaults such as the default engineer code ######
c)The manual also indicates that the tamper alarm can be stopped using the user code so plan is now
d)Leave mains power on, remove cover (zapping tamper noise with user code), zap 12v battery connection, remove mains power fuze, whilst holding pillow over internal sounder until my 'jobbing' electrician gets the battery out if it sounds. External is dummy.
e)remove phone line
f) hopefully this will leave a default system readily accessible by anyone with the manual.

No doubt there will be cries that it won't work but that was never my style.
I'll report on events later.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No codes in posts please.

7 minutes ago, meditek said:

Hi folks,
b) informs me that a complete power down  of the system restores the defaults such as the default engineer code 112233
c)The manual also indicates that the tamper alarm can be stopped using the user code so plan is now
d)Leave mains power on, remove cover (zapping tamper noise with user code), zap 12v battery connection, remove mains power fuze, whilst holding pillow over internal sounder until my 'jobbing' electrician gets the battery out if it sounds. External is dummy.
e)remove phone line
f) hopefully this will leave a default system readily accessible by anyone with the manual.

remove mains power before opening lid,

remove battery within metal endstation,

any self contained bell (internal or external) will ring for 20mins if it has a cut out timer or until the battery is flat if it does not....

now sod off...... ?

Mr? Veritas God

4 hours ago, meditek said:

Hi folks,
b) informs me that a complete power down  of the system restores the defaults such as the default engineer code ######
e)remove phone line

Thought you said bye???

Complete power down will not default the engineer code , hammer will be better for alarm 

6 hours ago, MrHappy said:

its a classic....

Theres a blast from the past, my favorite is the smokin floorboards, the stuff you could get away with before H&S started locking the cupboard under the sink