Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax Plus CPU low battery

Can anybody tell me why I have a CPU low battery fault on my Visonic Powermax Plus. My old battery was one year old and voltage checked good.7.3 volts. My transformer checked good putting out 10.3 volts. Decided to try new battery.  One week later CPU low battery fault came back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Joe

Bay City, MI

1 hour ago, Joe922b said:

Can anybody tell me why I have a CPU low battery fault on my Visonic Powermax Plus. My old battery was one year old and voltage checked good.7.3 volts. My transformer checked good putting out 10.3 volts. Decided to try new battery.  One week later CPU low battery fault came back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Joe

Bay City, MI

What's voltage when battery connected ?

And when you drop the mains does the battery power panel?

There could be several reasons.

It's awkward to check the battery while connected, sharpish probes on the wire end of the molex.

The new battery could just be faulty or cheap. The panel maybe set to the wrong battery type there are 7.2 and 9.6 battery modes on some Powermax.

Could be the panel or supply failing, AFAIK the transformer should be outputting somewhere near 12 not 10Vdc.

Also seen situations where PSU has been plugged on to the battery connector and blown something.

Appreciate the reply. The system has been set up for the last 10 years with a 7.2 DC battery pack and a 9 volt AC transformer. Took your advise and checked the battery connector on the CPU with transformer power on. Found no voltage. Should there be voltage without a battery draw? Could transformer be bad even though output voltage is 10.3 volts ?  What can I check if something is blown?  Thanks for your input. Appreciated    

Joe

On 17/04/2021 at 23:17, al-yeti said:

What's voltage when battery connected ?

And when you drop the mains does the battery power panel?

The voltage at the connector is 1.2 volts

Yes the battery powers up the panel. Do you think this voltage is correct? When I got the the low CPU battery fault my battery was charged up at 7.3 volts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Joe