Security Installer Community

samsung ipolis app

bjj

Hi all I have a real strange one here, my son has a  samsund 1630d dvr which 3 people with iphones  can connect to  on a local ip and through 4g network ok, my sons iphone can connect local but not 4g to his 1630d he can connect to my 1673d no problem on 4g,I hope this makes sense, any questions please.

also i have reloaded the ipolis app to his iphone and also checked the settings many times settings on the app many times.

thanks bj

37 minutes ago, bjj said:

Hi all I have a real strange one here, my son has a  samsund 1630d dvr which 3 people with iphones  can connect to  on a local ip and through 4g network ok, my sons iphone can connect local but not 4g to his 1630d he can connect to my 1673d no problem on 4g,I hope this makes sense, any questions please.

also i have reloaded the ipolis app to his iphone and also checked the settings many times settings on the app many times.

thanks bj

I had similar with a different DVR it turned out to be something to do with usernames,  get your son to try and connect with an account that is working on 4g 

Thanks Pete sorry to appear thick but I can connect to his dvr with 4g with the same account settings that he has on his iphone to samsungs ddns ie rtsp port, id, and password and the ipolis ddns samsungipolis.com/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

11 minutes ago, bjj said:

Thanks Pete sorry to appear thick but I can connect to his dvr with 4g with the same account settings that he has on his iphone to samsungs ddns ie rtsp port, id, and password and the ipolis ddns samsungipolis.com/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Then its not the same problem I had, sorry I dont have the answer

• Upvote 1

Just now, PeterJames said:

Then its not the same problem I had, sorry I dont have the answer

Thanks anyway Pete yes we are all using the same settings on the app and 3 can get in but he can't I am  beginning to think its a setting on his phone as he can get to my dvr ok.

cheers anyway

3 minutes ago, bjj said:

Thanks anyway Pete yes we are all using the same settings on the app and 3 can get in but he can't I am  beginning to think its a setting on his phone as he can get to my dvr ok.

cheers anyway

If he can get into your DVR then it wont be an IPhone setting its more likely an app setting 

• Upvote 1

Pete just one last thing before I go,

if I am connected to his dvr and he tries to connect to his dvr he gets a message admin account is in use do you want to continue if he says yes then no connection all this worked up to a week ago and for the last 4 years.

1 minute ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Service provider blocking ports? Are you all with the same provider?

You have proved the devices and the account settings if it works on LAN so the only thing I would say is left would be a service provider issue.

I connect through virgin media to samsung ddns then to his talk talk router, his wife's isp is the same as his isp talk talk, same ddns settings in the app and she can connect all ok just his phone.

28 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Mobile service provider. They often use CGNAT.

Sorry I really don't know what you mean, they are husband and wife. Wife has talk talk isp the same as him both using ipolis apps on their iphones both have the same settings in the ipolis apps  sit together in their home both on 4g wife can connect he can't.

43 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Mobile service provider. They often use CGNAT.

O yes just figured out what you mean I don',t know who their mobile isp is I will find out if they are the same one tomorrow and will re post, when you think about it the only thing different could be their sim card provider.

cheers

6 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT#Disadvantages

May give you a basic understanding of what I mean.

It's normally more of an issue for hosting a service than connecting.

I'd have a guess the device with the issue will be Telefonica carrier.

Thanks for that I will be on the case tomorrow, but I have just found out by my wife that our daughter is on a different mobile network than her husband, so that might be the answer just strange it has been working ok for over 3 years.

thanks again.

22 minutes ago, bjj said:

Thanks for that I will be on the case tomorrow, but I have just found out by my wife that our daughter is on a different mobile network than her husband, so that might be the answer just strange it has been working ok for over 3 years.

thanks again.

O2 won't work neither does ee for many users 

Recent problem 

• Upvote 1

Just now, al-yeti said:

O2 won't work neither does ee for many users 

Thanks, I am on talkmobile thats ok, wife is on 3 thats ok, don't know what my daughter or her husband is on yet. but as I said strange it's just stoped working it's been ok for over 3 years.

cheers

2 minutes ago, bjj said:

Thanks, I am on talkmobile thats ok, wife is on 3 thats ok, don't know what my daughter or her husband is on yet. but as I said strange it's just stoped working it's been ok for over 3 years.

cheers

Your not on talk talk 

What network is talk talk using O2?

Just now, bjj said:

I m on talkmobile not talktalk it is part of vodaphone

Ok I get you , I don't remember any issues with Vodafone network 

Check your phone you sure it's connected to vodaphone?

Just now, al-yeti said:

Ok I get you , I don't remember any issues with Vodafone network 

Check your phone you sure it's connected to vodaphone?

I havn't got a problem please read the 1st post

2 minutes ago, bjj said:

I havn't got a problem please read the 1st post

Sorry got confused 

My point was ee and O2 cause problems viewing on ipolis app

You can use a free vpn app but you need to manually switch it on before app then start ipolis app and it will work 

5 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Sorry got confused 

My point was ee and O2 cause problems viewing on ipolis app

You can use a free vpn app but you need to manually switch it on before app then start ipolis app and it will work 

Ok cheers for that but just trying to find out why it's stopped working after 3 years, but will find out more tomorrow when I know what networks they are both on.

cheers