Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Surface Contact Wiring

Macca80

Hi, 

I'm currently replacing a Honeywell alarm system with the Premier Elite 24. I have completed the installation and everything is working as it should apart from the two wired door contacts which are showing tamper alerts. 

Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this issue? The current wiring only uses two cores in the contact and then the appropriate panel zone. 

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

Edited by Macca80

26 minutes ago, Macca80 said:

Hi, 

I'm currently replacing a Honeywell alarm system with the Premier Elite 24. I have completed the installation and everything is working as it should apart from the two wired door contacts which are showing tamper alerts. 

Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this issue? The current wiring only uses two cores in the contact and then the appropriate panel zone. 

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

Perhaps give model

PIR model number assuming you had built in resistors

And door contact model? Assuming no resistor ?

Probably if you required the door contacts probably do e them wrong or wrong resistance

What previous Honeywell system was it 

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Perhaps give model

PIR model number assuming you had built in resistors

And door contact model? Assuming no resistor ?

Probably if you required the door contacts probably do e them wrong or wrong resistance

What previous Honeywell system was it 

Hi, 

Yes there's no resistors in the existing door contacts so from what I've read that's the issue. 

The old alarm was an Accenta S Mini

Can you recommend any contacts with inbuilt resistors? 

Thanks. 

Just now, Macca80 said:

Hi, 

Yes there's no resistors in the existing door contacts so from what I've read that's the issue. 

The old alarm was an Accenta S Mini

Can you recommend any contacts with inbuilt resistors? 

Thanks. 

Was there a resistor pack in the texe?

2 minutes ago, Macca80 said:

No there wasn't 

Ok perhaps one of the others can answer which contact you should get ,I am not familiar with resistor choices on the texe 

Assume you got pirs with selectable resistors , what have you set them to currently , for alarm and tamper?

11 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Ok perhaps one of the others can answer which contact you should get ,I am not familiar with resistor choices on the texe 

Assume you got pirs with selectable resistors , what have you set them to currently , for alarm and tamper?

OK thanks. My PIRs have selectable resistors set to 4k7 and 2k2. I've tested the system today everything's working fine apart from the door contacts. I did plenty of reading up, but I didn't realise I'd need contacts with resistors for EOL wiring. 

48 minutes ago, Macca80 said:

OK thanks. My PIRs have selectable resistors set to 4k7 and 2k2. I've tested the system today everything's working fine apart from the door contacts. I did plenty of reading up, but I didn't realise I'd need contacts with resistors for EOL wiring. 

There you swb to the rescue you model number to purchase

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You need resistors for your contacts or contacts with resistors built in would be best.

Something like SC570/WH/MULTI for example.

They don't provide resistors in any Texe stuff now.

Thanks I'd seen the SC570 earlier and have now ordered. Thank you both for your help it's much appreciated. 

Edited by Macca80

On 17/03/2021 at 18:33, sixwheeledbeast said:

Read instructions carefully cut the wrong links and you'll likely need another

Hi, I've recieved the SC570 contacts today. Am I right in thinking that I need to remove both Red B links? Thanks

If that's what colours the instructions say? I haven't got one to hand, you would normally only cut one coloured loop from each row for one device IIRC.

As al says if you are careful and cut at the top of the loop you could solder the link back closed again, if you get the wrong link.

NC is a spare terminal (no connection)

12 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If that's what colours the instructions say? I haven't got one to hand, you would normally only cut one coloured loop from each row for one device IIRC.

As al says if you are careful and cut at the top of the loop you could solder the link back closed again, if you get the wrong link.

NC is a spare terminal (no connection)

I've attached the image from the manual. 4k7 and 2k2 both seem to be a red link as I'm understanding it. 

16164895194447394154501356445731.jpg