Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex RF Keyfobs help

Ynotmi

Hi, I have just installed a Galaxy Flex 20 (firmware 3.52) with C079-2 RF portal & ethernet board.

It replaces an existing alarm system that was installed in the under stairs cupboard. I wanted to put a keypad near to the front door so that it was easy for my family to set / unset the alarm. Running wires to this location is not an option. 

Unfortunately, I can't find an RF Keypad. So I bought a TCPA2B remote keyfob, thinking I can programme it to set the system. The keyfob is registered to the system, but I can't find any way to program the buttons so I can use it to set the alarm.

I've also tried  an HS3FOB1N, but this will not even register with the system.

Reading through the honeywell documentation, it looks like I can probably only use one of a small number of rf keyfobs to set and unset the system.

I'm looking for some help on the following:

• How to program the buttons on the TCPA2B
  • Does the HS3FOB1N work with the C079-2 portal?
  • Are there any RF/Wireless remote keypads I could use?
  • Which RF fobs will allow me to set / unset the system?

Many thanks 

Ynotmi

TCPA2B

I thought this was a panic button and has to be a v3 RF card 

And the other one is for the evo series I think pretty sure it work with with it 

you want the round disc version dude

Edited by al-yeti

18 hours ago, al-yeti said:

TCPA2B

I thought this was a panic button and has to be a v3 RF card 

And the other one is for the evo series I think pretty sure it work with with it 

you want the round disc version dude

Thanks, the TCPA2B works as a panic button, but Honeywell say it's configurable so that it can also set the alarm.... I just can't find anywhere that I can do that in my Flex 20 v3.52 panel. I can fine enable/disable panic, but nothing that will allow me to configure the buttons on the fob.  Also I can't get the HS3FOB1N to work.

It looks like the tcc8m might be my only option. I was hoping there would be others

3 hours ago, Ynotmi said:

Thanks, the TCPA2B works as a panic button, but Honeywell say it's configurable so that it can also set the alarm....

Where do Honeywell say that?  Not for Galaxy anyway... Perhaps Domonial.   

The only way to do it with the flex is with the Selfmon vmod and an automation platform like home assistant / node red etc. The vmod reads any button press to mqtt, so you can then map it back to set the system.

4 hours ago, Ynotmi said:

Thanks, the TCPA2B works as a panic button, but Honeywell say it's configurable so that it can also set the alarm.... I just can't find anywhere that I can do that in my Flex 20 v3.52 panel. I can fine enable/disable panic, but nothing that will allow me to configure the buttons on the fob.  Also I can't get the HS3FOB1N to work.

It looks like the tcc8m might be my only option. I was hoping there would be others

As above your using wrong button

It doesn't perform set/unset with Galaxy programming. It only performs silent pa.  The Selfmon solution is part of home automation integration, so requires mqtt broker etc.

I now have a couple of TCC8M fobs that work with the system, but I have a configuration issue on my Galaxy Flex20.

I'd like to set the fobs up, so that they can be used to set and unset the system, but not be able to unset during an alarm condition.

The idea behind this, is so that if the alarm is sounding, the only way to unset it would be to enter a valid user code in the keypad (e.g. so if an intruder found the fobs in the house, they would not be able to cancel the alarm).

I've tried all the various options, but can't seem to get the system to do this.

The nearest I have got to is to assign the alarm fobs to their own unique users with level 1 access. But this results in being able to set the system with the fobs, but not being able to unset the system, even if the alarm has not been triggered.

Any ideas on how I can prevent the fobs from being used to cancel a sounding alarm?

Thanks ?

1 hour ago, Ynotmi said:

I now have a couple of TCC8M fobs that work with the system, but I have a configuration issue on my Galaxy Flex20.

I'd like to set the fobs up, so that they can be used to set and unset the system, but not be able to unset during an alarm condition.

The idea behind this, is so that if the alarm is sounding, the only way to unset it would be to enter a valid user code in the keypad (e.g. so if an intruder found the fobs in the house, they would not be able to cancel the alarm).

I've tried all the various options, but can't seem to get the system to do this.

The nearest I have got to is to assign the alarm fobs to their own unique users with level 1 access. But this results in being able to set the system with the fobs, but not being able to unset the system, even if the alarm has not been triggered.

Any ideas on how I can prevent the fobs from being used to cancel a sounding alarm?

Thanks ?

In user options does it not give you those user options  set / unset and another can't remember what it was tho

Or am I thinking dimension maybe ....

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

In user options does it not give you those user options  set / unset and another can't remember what it was tho

Or am I thinking dimension maybe ....

The only thing in user options that comes near is the user level, but this only appears to affect the abililty to reset the system (rather than cancel the alarm).  If I set the RF fob user to level 1, then the fob can be used to set the system, but not unset it... I want to use the fob to unset the system, but not if the system is in an alarm state.

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

the only panel i know of that does that is the hkc. Can you link the user number to prevent use?

Good idea using Links, but it doesn't appear to work. If I link the user, then that user's code cannot be used to cancel the alarm using the keypad, but the keyfob (which is only assigned to that user) still operates.

So frustratingly, Links don't seem to do it ?