Security Installer Community

Verkada Inc. - Hacker collective breach there full clients database including Tesla, Cloudflare via admin account.

• 3 weeks later...

The hackers’ methods were unsophisticated: they gained access to Verkada through a “Super Admin” account, allowing them to peer into the cameras of all of its customers. Kottmann says they found a user name and password for an administrator account publicly exposed on the internet.

It seems the manufacturer had a  "Super Admin" account. ? But how?

2 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

many people think Hik is the best, but can only plug and play 

we all know.....what's good & what sells are 2 different things

Another wally i met this week whats cctv, alarm, lighting system with a remote control in a barn conversion

wants to know when I can start before it priced or designed, there's a landscaper starting Wednesday laying a patio where swa may be going....

lol,

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

many people think Hik is the best, but can only plug and play 

They have done well on the influence, sorry influencer. It gets specced I'd assume few of us here use it on own home. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

12 hours ago, MrHappy said:

we all know.....what's good & what sells are 2 different things

The problem is Hik and Dahua are no longer shit, not when all things are considered. Most of the people who fit it seem to be, this is why fixed wide angle lenses are so popular. If you ask the average engineer what back focusing is or BLC or HLC he could not tell you. They also think that 4k is more important than anything else such as FPS. Anyone can install CCTV and make pretty pictures on a screen very few can make good recordings of crimes.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, norman said:

Rarely the DVR tho usually the HDD? But even when it records most people are aware of the ineffectiveness of it for a successful prosecution. 

I got good images of someone dumping a stolen car outside my old house, and caught neighbors hitting my car with theirs twice. 

At the old shop when those kids smashed our Window 8 years ago we identified them caught them and prosecuted them, all from the CCTV. It can be done. 

At the new business premises we caught a fly tipper who dumped a load of asbestos on the estate, we captured the footage of a bloke getting run over. Pikeys stealing a load of plastic pallets (ANPR) and more recently the catalytic converter thieves ANPR.

The fly tipper successfully prosecuted the pikeys could not be traced, nor the cat thieves, vehicles not registered to them. 

We have numerous successful CCTV captures for customers 

CCTV set up properly works.