Security Installer Community

Texecom Ricochet PIR zone stays active for long

saguy

Thank you to everyone who previously assisted me with adding some QD-W indoor ricochet PIRs to my system. With the help received I managed to setup everything the way I (and more importantly, my wife) wanted.

I do appear to have one issue though - and maybe I've missed something: My new QD-W's show as zones being active for long after I've left the room. Which wouldn't bother me too much, but it appears to be hindering my ability to arm the alarm when leaving.

When trying to set my alarm with my remote control, often nothing will happen - and then I have to wait a minute and try again, before it eventually works.

My guess is that it's the QD-W's showing as active even though I had left the room for a minute or two already.

As per docs and suggestions here I have the mode set to Hybrid, and I'm wandering if that doesn't have something to do with it.

I would rather deal with changing batteries every year if it means the statuses are updated more frequently (if that is indeed the cause)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you all the way from South Africa.

Edited by saguy

You get the delay upon arming that is when the system is checking the status of the devices, if you look at the keypad you will have a scrolling/waiting symbol.

The panel will set the correct mode for every type of device upon learning, so you shouldn't really change it unless there is a special need to.

Hybrid mode is for movement devices, when used the sensor is put to sleep on disarming so will always show what is was at that moment, until it's awoke by the panel normally at arming.

You may have a signal issue so the status/waking of all the devices is not getting back to the panel before arming times out, I would imagine putting those devices to Auto would resolve.

Personally I think I'd want to investigate further maybe relearn the devices or resite something if there is a signal issue, this is where Ricochet Monitor is very useful although not necessary.

17 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You get the delay upon arming that is when the system is checking the status of the devices, if you look at the keypad you will have a scrolling/waiting symbol.

The panel will set the correct mode for every type of device upon learning, so you shouldn't really change it unless there is a special need to.

Hybrid mode is for movement devices, when used the sensor is put to sleep on disarming so will always show what is was at that moment, until it's awoke by the panel normally at arming.

You may have a signal issue so the status/waking of all the devices is not getting back to the panel before arming times out, I would imagine putting those devices to Auto would resolve.

Personally I think I'd want to investigate further maybe relearn the devices or resite something if there is a signal issue, this is where Ricochet Monitor is very useful although not necessary.

Thank you. I'm going to give it a go and set it to auto. If that doesn't work then I'll investigate further.