Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex 20 - A071-00-01 - (trigger module)

CJGD

Good morning, 

I have a Galaxy Flex 020 at home.

This panel has 3 outpouts (OP1,OP2,OP3)

I'm using OP1 (for my bell) and OP2 (for my strobe and bell inside)

OP3 was supposed to be a fully programmable output, but I didn't manage to make it work as OP2. 

• Even if the function is set to "Strobe", and the polarity is set to "Positive", the OP3 delivers a voltage of about 12V, even if there is an alarm.
    • From my understanding the voltage is supposed to drop at 0V like for OP1 and OP2
      • Do you have an idea what's going on ? 

Alternatively, and as the Panel offers many possible other Outpout functions, i thought I could buy an additional outpout card (A071-00-01 - (trigger module)). see attachment

Do you know if this module is the right one to add additional outpouts for the Galaxy flex 20 ? 

• Regarding my current issue with OP3, do you know if the outpouts on this module will be able to mimic OP1 and OP2 behaviour regarding the voltage.
    • I just need a change in the voltage (12V -> 0V, or 0V->12V) to report events like Confirm Alarm, Fire, Fault, ect... 

Thank you in advance and kind regards

CJGD

OUTPOUT extender - a0710001.pdf

8 minutes ago, CJGD said:

Good morning, 

I have a Galaxy Flex 020 at home.

This panel has 3 outpouts (OP1,OP2,OP3)

I'm using OP1 (for my bell) and OP2 (for my strobe and bell inside)

OP3 was supposed to be a fully programmable output, but I didn't manage to make it work as OP2. 

• Even if the function is set to "Strobe", and the polarity is set to "Positive", the OP3 delivers a voltage of about 12V, even if there is an alarm.
    • From my understanding the voltage is supposed to drop at 0V like for OP1 and OP2
      • Do you have an idea what's going on ? 

Alternatively, and as the Panel offers many possible other Outpout functions, i thought I could buy an additional outpout card (A071-00-01 - (trigger module)). see attachment

Do you know if this module is the right one to add additional outpouts for the Galaxy flex 20 ? 

• Regarding my current issue with OP3, do you know if the outpouts on this module will be able to mimic OP1 and OP2 behaviour regarding the voltage.
    • I just need a change in the voltage (12V -> 0V, or 0V->12V) to report events like Confirm Alarm, Fire, Fault, ect... 

Thank you in advance and kind regards

CJGD

OUTPOUT extender - a0710001.pdf 360.65 kB · 0 downloads

You lose the two outputs on the main board of you fit this card , and end up with two on the card and then op3 is still with same issue 

Did you try and restart panel after setting op3 ? 

Hopefully galaxy guy will see this he knows the panel better

Hi al-yeti, 

Regarding OP3, I'll retry at home. but yes this is a bit surprising : )

regarding the module, this is correct. If I buy this card, OP1 and OP2 from the panel will have to be wired to the OP1 and OP2 on the card, but I would have 8 additional trigger outputs, which might (or not) act as a traditional OP1/2 output ?

Thank you !

Have a nice day

Edited by CJGD

Hi James, 

Still nothing. For now just a cable and I checked the voltage between the wire coming from 0V (from a zone) and OP3, both when the alarm is off, and when an intrusion has been detected

• I'll do some additional test, this time by connecting the 0V of the vertical block to the left of the outputs

But I intend to connect OP3, (and perhaps the ouputs on the trigger module - A071-00-01 - as well) to a GSM Speech Dialler called "V2 GSM" by Pyronix , in order to report by call/sms an event like Fire, Fault, Alarm Confirmed

and times to times I would connect any of these output to the engineer input cable from the bell whenever a maintenance is needed on it

Thanks for your answer

CJGD

Edited by CJGD

Did you change menu 51.82 to change OP3 to: 2 (DC Output) ?  The default for OP3 is as an audio output.

The trigger module consumes OP1 and OP2, using these signals to multiplex several outputs. Those outputs include new OP1 and OP2 and the 8 trigger outputs.  The trigger outputs are low current, but capable of driving a dialler.

Hi, 

Yes I did change 51.82 to change OP3 to: 2 (DC Output)

Normally when I switch the polarity from Positive to Negative (or inversely) I should see immediately a drop (or inversely) in the voltage, like for OP1 and OP2.

This is not yet the case here with my OP3, which is stuck at 13,86V no matter what I do.

- I will double check my wires OP1/OP2/OP3 this week-end, and make sure they are not frayed

- I will aslo share my settings and the results of my tests

In the meantime, if you think at something else, do not hesitate

22 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Did you try and restart panel after setting op3 ? 

How can I do this as cleanly as possible ?

- Exit from the engineer mode to save the settings

- Then Enter in engineer mode, cut the power and then the battery ?

Thanks for your help and have a ncie day

CJGD

Edited by CJGD

5 hours ago, CJGD said:

Hi, 

Yes I did change 51.82 to change OP3 to: 2 (DC Output)

Normally when I switch the polarity from Positive to Negative (or inversely) I should see immediately a drop (or inversely) in the voltage, like for OP1 and OP2.

This is not yet the case here with my OP3, which is stuck at 13,86V no matter what I do.

- I will double check my wires OP1/OP2/OP3 this week-end, and make sure they are not frayed

- I will aslo share my settings and the results of my tests

In the meantime, if you think at something else, do not hesitate

How can I do this as cleanly as possible ?

- Exit from the engineer mode to save the settings

- Then Enter in engineer mode, cut the power and then the battery ?

Thanks for your help and have a ncie day

CJGD

Restart options?

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Restart options?

No reboot is required when changing 51.82.

Change 51.82 to DC.

Using menu 53 program output *99 to something like strobe.  Leave at the default which should be L (Latching) POS (positive).

Using test option 32, test the strobe output.  Measure with your meter on +12V and OP3.  The voltage on OP3 should drop to 0V resulting in the meter reading +12V.  If this does not happen, then OP3 is faulty - replace the PCB or add a RIO to gain 4 outputs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

Thank you !

I've followed all your advices and it works now. 
- I've double checked the wire

- I've restarted the Alarm system which reset the different outputs

- and make sure 51.82 was on DC and 53 - output *99 was sell on strobe.

@GalaxyGuy : in your last answer, you advised to replace the PCB if it was still not working. Do you know an online store where we could buy only the PCB ?

I don't need it right now, but that's something always good to know

Thank you for your help

Have a nice week end

CJGD