Security Installer Community

Windows Logon Security,

PSE

Hi Guys...

Just expanded into larger premises and setting up new office & computers. I’m looking to add a smart card style logon system to all computers. Don’t want mag stripe as it’s easily copied.  Ideally want the smart card inserted into a reader to logon to pc and if card is removed then the user is logged off. 

To comply with GDPR I’ve already got full drive encryption sorted, I’m just looking at an advanced logon solution,, 

Anyone got any thoughts on this or can recommend a product.. thanks

Hi mate, I’ve seen the keyboards, and separate desktop smartcard readers, just not sure on what type of cards or programming them. I’ve seen some that are already programmed with security keys etc... just don’t know enough about them yet.

Got prox reader builtin to our laptops (dell) keyboard with builtin reader https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/dell-kb813-smartcard-keyboard-uk-irish-qwerty/apd/580-18365/pc-accessories

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Don't use Windows but Yubikey login must be a thing? Which wouldn't be possible to clone at all with just the key.

If webcam they have Windows hello built in, not that I am found of that.

Smartcards systems I have seen where separate USB reader and printable HID cards, not sure if that's same as NHS?

2 hours ago, PSE said:

Hi Guys...

Just expanded into larger premises and setting up new office & computers. I’m looking to add a smart card style logon system to all computers. Don’t want mag stripe as it’s easily copied.  Ideally want the smart card inserted into a reader to logon to pc and if card is removed then the user is logged off. 

To comply with GDPR I’ve already got full drive encryption sorted, I’m just looking at an advanced logon solution,, 

Anyone got any thoughts on this or can recommend a product.. thanks

I don't know anyone who does it that way 

Smart card would allow you to access the pc then you have finger print reader card reader token or whatever you want after that 

Would be to insecure otherwise