Security Installer Community

Texecom alarm and ptsn dialler

Paddymch

Hi All,

DIY'er here - no alarm experience at all - but developer background and setup, wired and configured HIK IP CCTV system over 18 months ago.

I currently have a Texecom Veritas (excel - I believe) alarm with a Texecom pstn dialler.

I'm getting rid of my landline and have recently switched to fibre - what options do I have in terms of a GSM dialler (was looking at a pyronix V2) or is there a VOIP option I should consider?

I'd prefer to leave the current alarm unit and just change the dialler - if I could - any advice would be great, even if it's only an avenue to investigate.

Was considering sourcing a 2nd hand Pyronix GSM dialler on eBay... any thoughts on that approach?

2 hours ago, Paddymch said:

Hi All,

DIY'er here - no alarm experience at all - but developer background and setup, wired and configured HIK IP CCTV system over 18 months ago.

I currently have a Texecom Veritas (excel - I believe) alarm with a Texecom pstn dialler.

I'm getting rid of my landline and have recently switched to fibre - what options do I have in terms of a GSM dialler (was looking at a pyronix V2) or is there a VOIP option I should consider?

I'd prefer to leave the current alarm unit and just change the dialler - if I could - any advice would be great, even if it's only an avenue to investigate.

Was considering sourcing a 2nd hand Pyronix GSM dialler on eBay... any thoughts on that approach?

Any gsm dialler will do, 

Best to get a cheapmonthly sim with unlimited txt , most don't remember to top up or when your system goesad it send lots of txt and uses up credit anyway

• Upvote 1

Ebay is a good way to get rid of junk so caution is advised.

System is basic so doesn't have any options for IP addons. If your keeping the system then you can only go for universal off the outputs/bell trig type devices.

You could try some sort of ATA but your reliant on compatibility and good uptime for all the kit the message goes through. At least a GSM dialler would be powered from the system so only have to think about signal and phone costs then.

Polled signalling is most secure but out of the realms for DIY.