Security Installer Community

Hybrid system recommendation

Hi guys. Have another thread regarding my “upgrade” of my home alarm system. Apparently I upgraded sideways so will now look to do a proper revamp. PIRs will be wireless. Keypad and external box are wired. Comms via phone line to me fine. Would like to be able to access via app but keep cost down ( I’m 50 years old from Glasgow).

Open to any options. I can do it myself after 30 years doing fire alarms.

Bear in mind the pstn shut off will have unknown issues with comms. I wouldnt be using pstn for any primary path.

However the question is very open, I like HKC for rf, 6wb like texecom, gg likes honeywell etc

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Manufacturer recommendations are always different depending on the installer.

Every place has their preferred kit with having the experience of fitting that multiple times for different jobs, which is irrelevant for you.

Any decent hybrid panel will have all the functionality you require. Texecom, Galaxy, Eaton etc etc. HKC is restricted so probably not an option.

Some have all the features onboard, some are more modular like the Texecom where you add modules for functionality.

Traditional phone lines will be dead in the next decade like JW says so consider this as well.

4 hours ago, n18lldn18lld said:

Hi guys. Have another thread regarding my “upgrade” of my home alarm system. Apparently I upgraded sideways so will now look to do a proper revamp. PIRs will be wireless. Keypad and external box are wired. Comms via phone line to me fine. Would like to be able to access via app but keep cost down ( I’m 50 years old from Glasgow).

Open to any options. I can do it myself after 30 years doing fire alarms.

Eaton scantronic might still be free on an ion 40 app system 

• 2 months later...