Security Installer Community

What System ?

Kangaroo

Hi, 

I am looking to replace an existing system, however I want to keep using the existing 6 x Wired PIRs.

Upgrade:

• Control box
  • a key entry panel 
  • have an smart app to arm when away from house (Without paying a subscription etc)
  • add WIFI PIRs at some point.

• New Siren Boxes.

Current cable is 6core

An system that updates itself for software or alternatively I can download without any issues or needing to be a company.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks

RK

Edited by Kangaroo

56 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Thanks sixwheeledbeast. 

I know I might be pushing it but I felt it was worth a try.

At the very least no subscription for the use of the app? Any ideas?

Cheers

RK

Pyronix? Yale? Who else is free app?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Pyronix? Yale? Who else is free app?

The Honeywell Galaxy Flex gives all this.  Honeywell provide the flash upgrade program and firmware on their website without any login account requirement too.  The app and push notification is free and there are low cost alternatives in the event that Honeywell do start charging.  

Look out for other offerings that integrate cloud services tightly with the panel, as they may not charge at the moment, but you could find yourself held over a barrel in the future.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The Honeywell Galaxy Flex gives all this.  Honeywell provide the flash upgrade program and firmware on their website without any login account requirement too.  The app and push notification is free and there are low cost alternatives in the event that Honeywell do start charging.  

Look out for other offerings that integrate cloud services tightly with the panel, as they may not charge at the moment, but you could find yourself held over a barrel in the future.

But it doesn't work well....

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

But it doesn't work well....

Al-yeti - Do you have any specific info should be worried about?

Pyronix? Has a yearly subscription. 

GalaxyGuy 

Thanks for your information. I will take a look.

Cheers

RK

GalaxyGuy 

Cheers

RK

27 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Al-yeti - Do you have any specific info should be worried about?

Pyronix? Has a yearly subscription. 

GalaxyGuy 

Cheers

RK

GalaxyGuy 

Cheers

RK

As above 

App crashed allot , like there old gx app although that was the worst and still is lol

3 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Thanks sixwheeledbeast. 

I know I might be pushing it but I felt it was worth a try.

At the very least no subscription for the use of the app? Any ideas?

Cheers

RK

If your house and contents are important enough to warrant a burglar alarm with self monitoring, and lets face it the most important part of any burglar alarm nowadays, would be the bit that calls  you when it activates. Why on earth are you looking the cheapest?

When you get something for nothing, it means somebody got nothing for something. When somebody is supplying something for nothing they are less motivated to do anything about it when it goes wrong. This is why all of the companies that were supplying a free app cloud kept having server failures, and have now started charging. 

If you dont want to pay subscription then just buy a GSM dialler, though you will still have to pay for the SIM monthly, but it will be more reliable than the free subscription apps  

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Apps are all junk to some degree anyway...

I would agree with this.  If you don't keep your phone up to date, or buy the latest model and the app isn't kept up to date, then the chances of issues are high.   If you have a look at a few apps reviews, you'll soon see posts of unhappy users where phones and OS versions no longer work.  

As a an app developer myself, I am often forced to update the app in order to keep provisioning on the stores. Some of these forced updates end up dropping support for older devices, leaving users with very old devices none too pleased.

• Upvote 1

I still don't find any of these apps or "smart" features - smart. Your just tied into manufactured obsolescence and compatibility woes as you say.

They may have their very limited applications for some jobs but it's just a daft requirement in the current age that people want all there electronic tat to have an app, if there is a point or not.

I like apps, however I know they all need support. 

I know its not what the OP wants we all want something good for free, but id like at things like availability (ie how much its up) before I looked at cost. I can give anyone an app for free, god knows how reliable it will be though.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

I would agree with this.  If you don't keep your phone up to date, or buy the latest model and the app isn't kept up to date, then the chances of issues are high.   If you have a look at a few apps reviews, you'll soon see posts of unhappy users where phones and OS versions no longer work.  

As a an app developer myself, I am often forced to update the app in order to keep provisioning on the stores. Some of these forced updates end up dropping support for older devices, leaving users with very old devices none too pleased.

All apps get poor reviews no matter who 

I quite like having my app does the job albeit cheap for myself

WiFi path 1 via app

GSM path 2 via app

SMS additional for alarms only 

But you got to pay kanga get the dust of that wallet and get those shekels out

9 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

One of these bad boys ?IMG_20210223_113521_881.thumb.jpg.b35d2c8158ecb6ef0521c6e1c5127387.jpg

Do him cheap deal ?