Security Installer Community

Risco Lightsys expert? (ish)

Hello and welcome, if you are trade then have a read of the forum rules and apply for trade status. Over on that side of the forum there's a plethora of information. 

Oh, and you can't PM yet as a new member. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

51 minutes ago, n18lldn18lld said:

New member here and only just done my introduction. Intruder alarms not my game but have purchased a second hand control panel. Pretty much setup but have a couple of issues. Any member conversant with these panels then please PM me regarding IP and PTSN communication.

Better scrap this now 

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Hi and welcome, those Risco panels were not very popular, they looked nice, the app was good, but the mk 1s were short lived and we never bothered with the mk 2s  

Actually bought it on the strength of the app. Since found out the ownership can’t be deleted and registered to a new owner. I’m going to use it while I research an alternative. I had wireless PIRs so was looking for something I could use the kit already in the house.

If you got it purely on rf strength you are way wrong even pyronix has more tx power than risco (it's near the bottom) even visonic has more tx power. 

Using what you have I get but if it's steam powered it's probably best to replace. I used to rate the 1 way scantronic 4xxx stuff but that was in the 90s rf is way different now

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

19 hours ago, james.wilson said:

If you got it purely on rf strength you are way wrong even pyronix has more tx power than risco (it's near the bottom) even visonic has more tx power. 

Using what you have I get but if it's steam powered it's probably best to replace. I used to rate the 1 way scantronic 4xxx stuff but that was in the 90s rf is way different now

He said app, not RF strength, clean your ears out! 

1 hour ago, Tjeerd said:

Reusing the RF kit you already have probably means staying with Risco. Looking over the horizon probably mostly known Texecom and Honeywell and bit less known there's Satel which tends to stay way more up to date with current tech.

Yes mate that’s what I did. Probably laid out £150 to get back 100% again. Thought it was ok instead of £400-£500? Know jack **** about intruder but spent 30 years doing fire alarms so I’m just ahead on that front

2 hours ago, Tjeerd said:

Reusing the RF kit you already have probably means staying with Risco. Looking over the horizon probably mostly known Texecom and Honeywell and bit less known there's Satel which tends to stay way more up to date with current tech.

Forget Honeywell they miles behind most for rf