Security Installer Community

Just a Query

FakeIt5362

Hi all,

I have an Omega Petite system (which I think was made by Castle Care Tech) and I know very little about alarms.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how old it is?

Also, whenever there's a power cut, the control panel shuts down and the alarm itself proceeds to go off until the power comes back on (people before us didn't think to put a twenty minute maximum on it) and when it does, the panel bleeps endlessly until the code is put in. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me a way to shut the noise off when there is no power to the control panel.

Also, any other information would be gratefully received (even if it is random trivia)! 

Oh wow that is pretty old then. 

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

It shouldn't go off when there is a power cut

Is there any particular reason why it does then? It’s like the whole control panel shuts down and doesn’t work at all. The bell box goes off for the whole time the power’s out. 

I should probably mention it hasn’t been serviced in the whole 14 years I’ve lived here, but then I never actually use it. 

1 minute ago, FakeIt5362 said:

Oh wow that is pretty old then. 

Is there any particular reason why it does then? It’s like the whole control panel shuts down and doesn’t work at all. The bell box goes off for the whole time the power’s out. 

I should probably mention it hasn’t been serviced in the whole 14 years I’ve lived here, but then I never actually use it. 

Because battery backup has failed , as you probably don't bother servicing it each year , but that's the case with alloy of things really , meaning the general population

I meant it shouldn't do it, it's broken somewhere. Also due to age it doesn't have a timer in the external bell. The petite is a solid panel unless you have a 5.can you post a picture of the panel to confirm? 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It's so old and never been serviced, for the sake of your neighbours either get it repaired, upgraded or decommissioned if you don't use it.

If you went away for a while and the system disturbs the neighbours for long enough, the council can get an order to force entry and have it silenced for you.

Not pleasant to come back to your house with the locks changed and a note in the window to come to the nearest council offices in working hours and bill for those services.

Even if you don't use the system they still need maintenance, if you don't more likely it will give you trouble at the most inconvenient time.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If you went away for a while and the system disturbs the neighbours for long enough, the council can get an order to force entry and have it silenced for you.

Valid point. 

The bell box stops ringing when the power comes back. Then it’s just armed so it’s no different to having it on. 

28 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The noise is made by power from somewhere when you have no mains.

Would expect one battery inside and one outside in the bell.

Ah so the problem is probably with the internal battery then because when there’s a power cut the screen just goes dead and the panel buttons don’t work. 

Pretty sure the outside battery works just fine ?

5 hours ago, FakeIt5362 said:

Ah so the problem is probably with the internal battery then because when there’s a power cut the screen just goes dead and the panel buttons don’t work. 

Pretty sure the outside battery works just fine ?

The panel is around thirty years old, if it hasnt been serviced in that time the battery in the panel would have killed the charging circuit. Replacing the internal battery wont fully fix it, you probably need a new panel too