Security Installer Community

Engineer report sheets

What is the requirement for a report sheet for corrective calls, for company and customer copies that are signed by the customer? Naturally it states in BS 9263 what should be recorded, but can this be, for example, a company internal paper/electronic form which the customer never sees and never gets to sign? For decades it's something that I've always had, a triplicate pad that the customer signs and receives their copy, but where does it state in which standard that it's a requirement?

I would say that its as much courtesy as it is requirement. In some circumstances the customers insurance my want to see them. We use electronic jobsheets, that we email to the customer, for those without email we post a copy   

4 hours ago, Professor Brainstorm said:

What is the requirement for a report sheet for corrective calls, for company and customer copies that are signed by the customer? Naturally it states in BS 9263 what should be recorded, but can this be, for example, a company internal paper/electronic form which the customer never sees and never gets to sign? For decades it's something that I've always had, a triplicate pad that the customer signs and receives their copy, but where does it state in which standard that it's a requirement?

Interesting topic, are you suggesting rules have been bypassed due to extreme circumstances at the moment are you saying there is a requirement that hasnt been met? I am expecting a flood of compensation claims due to covid, your mobiles won't stop between the 'asked to work while furloughed' 'forloughed unfairly' and 'not forloughed when you should of been'. It will go on for years. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 21/02/2021 at 13:18, Professor Brainstorm said:

No connection to Covid at all, I am enquiring what the standards require in respect of a formal report sheet to be signed by the customer, as this is what I've always been used to but can't see where it clearly states that, and where I might need to argue the point 

I am not sure that signing could be enforced therefore it cannot be a compliance requirement, you cant tell someone that they must sign something otherwise their system is not compliant, all you can do is request a signature, and if refused, write refused to sign.

Signing is useful though we had an old lady with alzheimer's who refused to pay for her service saying we had not been, but she couldn't argue with her signature. 

• Upvote 1