Security Installer Community

Ademco Accord Keypad Removal & Control Panel Battery Replacement

DavieRasins

Hi folks,

Apologies for being a complete alarm noob, I'm looking for some advice regarding a couple of things.

The buttons on the keypad decide to randomly stop working. So I was thinking I'd take the thing apart and clean the button contacts etc for a start. I'm assuming the tamper protection will go off as soon as I start opening/disconnecting wires. Is there a way to prevent this? So I can disconnect it, clean the internals, put it back and Bobs your aunty?

The other thing is I need to replace the battery in the control panel, but I can't see an obvious way into it. Is there particular method to get the thing open? Will it also go berserk if I take the cover off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Screenshot_20210219-203152__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210219-203147__01.jpg

Edited by DavieRasins

You cant stop it from tampering unless you know the engineer code. the user code will shut it up once you have tampered it. But unless you have 2 keypads you may struggle, because once you have opened the keypad the buttons may not work at all.

I agree with James its twenty odd years old, it was a goodish panel but it is old I cant think of anything electronic I own that is that old 

4 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

You cant stop it from tampering unless you know the engineer code. the user code will shut it up once you have tampered it. But unless you have 2 keypads you may struggle, because once you have opened the keypad the buttons may not work at all.

I agree with James its twenty odd years old, it was a goodish panel but it is old I cant think of anything electronic I own that is that old 

Are there any particular systems you would recommend? 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...