Security Installer Community

Galaxy 48 strobe not staying on

Keef

3DA14062-7358-41B8-A6E4-D2C1981333C9.thumb.jpeg.b06c82b6fcec0a3d93f60aa722d98f63.jpegI have installed and programmed a Galaxy 48 which I got free from a  building being demolished at work. I have installed and programmed it without too much trouble, and it works ok apart from the strobe light. I am using the ADT alarm box (Yellow hexagon) which came with the alarm originally.

When the alarm activates the strobe and the siren go off correctly, but when the siren stops, so does the strobe, rather than continuing to flash. 

The bell is on 1001 and the strobe is 1002. Both are latched, set to positive

I have attached pics of the wiring both ends (Blue wire isn’t connected at the panel end, as it’s temporarily wired indoors at moment).

I have searched online and the manuals but cannot find out if it’s me, or the box ?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I have found this site a great help to get this far.

Keith

12072DE0-96FB-4F99-87F9-F8F74BC91F1C.jpeg

Ok, thank you 

That make perfect sense, and also explains why I couldn’t find how to do it.

One last question, I currently have it set up for full and part set, is there a easy way of adding “Night set” as well. I have a dog which when he is left alone indoors I part set, but at night I need to turn off 1 pir (Conservatory) so we can walk around when it is set, I currently have to omit it every time.

Thanks again, Keith 

24 minutes ago, Keef said:

Ok, thank you 

That make perfect sense, and also explains why I couldn’t find how to do it.

One last question, I currently have it set up for full and part set, is there a easy way of adding “Night set” as well. I have a dog which when he is left alone indoors I part set, but at night I need to turn off 1 pir (Conservatory) so we can walk around when it is set, I currently have to omit it every time.

Thanks again, Keith 

As above groups is way it's done on dimension, I used to use a code and code reversed 

Although jw there is a part set on the dimension no? Or I assume he wants and extra part set 

Ok, thanks for the replies.

I will just keep omitting the zone to keep it simple. 

I did lie about no more questions though !

On my siren there is a link for “ENG” which I assume is to hold off the siren when servicing it. Is that a + or - feed, or should it be connected somewhere else on the main board, such as RIO 1003 and programmed, hope that makes sense ?

Thanks, Keith